Thursday, April 4, 2024

Stitch Book

 






It's True 
gentle reader...

I love the color brown..









and brown loves every other color..






It plays so well with color..
I love making books with brown as my
base and often my substrate






This time with reds and browns..



What I love about slow stitching is the lack of agenda..

I choose to stitch when I have a painting that won't behave..
or a series that won't come together..

all of my control issues are
shutting down the flow..

Stitching relaxes me and with no idea or
care of what is coming next...

my needle finds its own way through cloth
adding bits here and there..






and it creates new textures..

but the most immense texture change is in
 me.. 
not the cloth.

after stitching for a while..
 I have stepped back into the Flow once again..

and opened to the allness
of creativity..







It's a practice..
I wish I could say it is easy..

but I find myself here, more often than I want..
if only control was easier to release...

I guess I will just maintain my 

Practice...

xox