Friday, June 21, 2013

mixed media







mixing media 
is a passion for me, right now I am still in love with fabric
stitches, paint and paper..
but who knows where it will lead...

when people ask me what kind of art 
I create, and I say ..." mixed media".. I just wait for that glazed look to appear on the face..








I still adore painting and I am sure I will return to it, but it will be different..

when that happens, I normally try to bail them out... by saying
I put paint, papers and thread and fabric on canvas and boards...






since I cannot show you my new pieces, I thought I would take you to work today
you can see my view of my work desk ...
and some of the khadi papers I am working on...


the general response is... "oh ... interesting"





I am taking next week off and have to finish my deadlines before I go...
I really want to play this summer...
mixing up something new in the studio...
making Italian Collage
and experimenting...

and if I have the time, I try to pursue that comment with...
"interesting... good or bad?" lol







how I love to experiment...
it seems that I always learn something new and wonderful
whenever I say, "what if I tried this...

what I have found is that most people have heard of "mixed media"
but they don't know what that means..
and they are intimidated by art...







working on a new collection...
the Sewing Series for my new Sew Article...
and I think you will like it...


period.
that is something that has to change...







I will be back with a post on  Monday before I take off to visit family
in the north part of the state...

so do stop by

to say 

Ciao!



right?