Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Storytelling with Collage





Gentle readers....

I am so honored
to have been asked to
create a piece 
of art for 
this exquisite
new book...






Storytelling with Collage..
by 







I have long admired her blog, her work
and her beautiful world...
so I was thrilled when she asked me to contribute..







In the studio, 
 I pulled out lots of materials and then just allowed them to dictate the direction
and when I finished the piece..
I knew the story...








Book publications are so different from
magazine publications...
Generally, when I create and write for magazines,
I am creating for an audience of artists who will want
to try to duplicate or find inspiration from my work and words..
my creation is directed with the audience in mind..

A book publication on the other hand, gives me 
complete autonomy to create a piece of art
that that comes straight from my soul.. 







I used several antique pieces and I combined them  
using my Italian Collage technique..
so that the embossed Victorian scrap above melts 
perfectly into the background...

This piece inspired my
Patched and Torn series
that you can view
in the











I hope you will 
check out this new book...
as Roxanne has such gorgeous work
and photos, 
and there are so many projects...

you can order it on 










I am also in excellent company 
with many artists..
too many to name here...
having been asked to participate..


and now,
I am going to get a delicious glass of wine..
and I am going to 
read this book
cover
to cover...
because it is as you know,
my one weakness!



ciao, ciao! 

21 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh Cat dear friend, I love when you say : " my one weakness " and look forward to my own glass or two of wine, with my evening meal :-)
Also I look forward reading the book, which ARRIVED TODAY, yeahhh, it is here.
I haven`t been opening it yet, as it must be when I have time to let all my senses concentrate of the pictures and writing.
Your stunning page shown here, is a study in beauty and serenity , and I long to read and see the other page!!
Congratulations again, for being a part of this most wonderful book.
Love from Dorthe

ELFI said...

félicitations et bon succès pour cette charmante publication!

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh Cat!!! This is a beautiful blog post, you are so kind and thoughtful to share my book here, and the story of your beautiful art. I love your words about creating for yourself... art "that comes straight from my soul."
In reading this I am honored and thrilled and humbled at the same time...
xox roxanne

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful that you are in this book. What you shared with us looks divine, and I know that you are probably in good company, and Roxanne was glad you contributed. Congratulations. What an incredible honor.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

So nice to get this preview of your beautiful piece...they said today for delivery and I'm anxious to sit with Roxanne's thoughtful art making. Only one weakness? I plan on at least two of mine while reading this book...champagne and chocolate!

l. katherine roberts said...

I LOVE this piece--the palette, the golden wing . . . a perfect piece to view, as I, too, finish a glass of wine.

suziqu's thread works said...

Such a beautiful post Cat!
I'm loving the pages that you have created so far from what I have seen incorporating your beautiful embossed Victorian scrap, gold painted wing and other antique pieces in your own unique style which we so love to be inspired by.
Congratulations dear girl on being published along with so many other artists contributing their own mixed media pieces which speaks of their own unique art style also.
I'm eagerly awaiting my own copy at the moment!
Hugs,
Suzy

Seth said...

So gorgeous. Soft and strong, subtle, serene. A perfect addition to a wonderful book. Congratulations.

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear Dorthe, thank you so much, I am so very happy you liked the book and my work, and I understand postponing present pleasure for greater pleasure later!! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Merci, ELFI, Merci!!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Roxanne,
We share an adoration of nature, and I just knew that your book was going to be spectacular, thank you again for the opportunity.. I am so very grateful! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E! I am in great company, our friend Seth Apter is in the book, as well as my dear friend, Sarah Fishburn, and so many other very fine mixed media artists, I am honored and thrilled! thank you and I hope you can soon view a copy!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, I guess I can amend that to DARK CHOCOLATE and RED WINE!!! LOL

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Katherine, thank you so much, and so happy we share a little weakness!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Cannot wait for you to get your copy Suzy! I think you will really love it, it is flowerful! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you, Seth, I am partial to it, time to get it framed.. :D

~*~Patty S said...

Art from the soul is the best kind isn't it.
Congratulations on being included in Roxanne's gorgeous book Cat.
Your work is always so special and lovely ♥
oxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Patty... thank you so much, dear heart, yes it is... but I do enjoy creating for an audience and giving back through the opportunity that Stampington provides...xoxo

Kim Henkel said...

Stunning creation for what I am sure is a stunning book. My copy won't arrive for a few weeks, and I am having a hard time being be patient. Your creation is beautiful, and I love how it looks together with the spread about it in the book.

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Kim, loved your work in the book, and hope it gets to you soon! thanks for your kind remarks! and for stopping by!!!

Kathy Hinlicky said...

I am new to your blog, stumbled upon it via Pinterest. Your narratives, along with you work truly touched my heart. Thank you.

Follow by Email