Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Journal Pages in the Pink..





Its' a heart thing..
In my family...

For example,
I had Rheumatic Fever when I was 6 years old,
I missed the entire second semester of first grade.. and 
It left me with a heart murmur..
My Father and my Uncle both died of congestive heart failure..
My sweet Auntie has been challenged with several heart issues..
My dear cousin is right now recovering from
open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic..
and sadly..
my brother died of a self inflicted
gunshot to the heart...









so the symbol of the heart, to me is more spiritual than romantic..

it represents ...
life flowing joyfully
and 
in great 
love...






If you have followed
my blog for any length of time,
dear reader,
then you know
that 



each February
I write myself a love letter..
I approach Valentines day with the understanding that the more I increase my self love,
the more joy will flow into my life...

and 
the happier I will be..








Pink...
makes me uneasy..
I will say it,

 not my first color choice..
EVER

Seriously ...
if you know me, then you know I would be happy in 
Goth black everyday of the week..
and like Zuckerberg, I would wear the same thing each day..

so I am stretching here..
going deeper and farther ..
and THAT
 is a good thing..





ingredients: gesso, acrylic paint, pencil, pen and ink, paper ephemera, paint pens, thread, glimmer mist.. 




If you would like to see
my love letter last year
and previous letters...

click the link below...



See you next Tuesday...

xo