Saturday, March 9, 2024

Abstract Art



I have always been an artist..

my family gave me that title as a toddler..

I remember when my 1st grade teacher asked us to draw a picture of

our family

my people looked different from the regular 
stick people..

my father had a suit and my mother wore a 

faux Chanel suit complete with pearls!







I loved drawing, painting and sewing..

and trying new things 

which was discouraged


because I was told I should be a painter

when I found 
Mixed Media
I knew I had found a home..

I was finally able to do all the things I loved under one 

Large umbrella...

Why are artists pigeon holed?
for something as expansive as creative talent..
it is absurd...
to try to corral talent..






 
I did a lot of abstract paintings in school..

all which are lost to me now and perhaps were never signed..

but my point of all this is artists should enjoy the freedom to create anything they desire..

without being told to reign in their muse...

so this new painting 

is titled... 

Into The Morning..


it evokes new beginnings and possibilities...

and it is in my



Thanks for listening!!

C4N!