Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mixed Media Paintings-Flower Series







A few of years ago,
gentle reader..
I decided that I needed to revisit 
painting..
I thought..
 perhaps I could view it with
new eyes..








and in the last couple of years I made a decision to work on 
florals..
because they have such an abstract quality to them










so I began experimenting with
acrylic and graphite
and I have really enjoyed the process








of course they take a very long time to paint,
and I am using glazes in the old fashioned way..







layering and building up..
in texture, color and highlights..







and it has been a lovely union
between my past 
and my future.. 








I plan to continue the series..
and perhaps send some to the gallery..





but for now,
I am content to keep painting
and forming my own
style..

and guess what?
this is a Filming Friday week
so we will see you then!!


xox