Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Roses at Dusk





I never set out to be a rich and famous artist...


What I wanted, 
when I decided to pursue an art career, 
at the ripe old age of 50..
was to create authentic work.

and
I wanted to follow the inspiration trail wherever it lead.
I chose to move from media to media
as the call came forward.








I had watched, as other artists, 
friends of mine
became trapped in whatever media,
whatever "style" they had developed 
and were unable to change
and grow ...
following the restrictions 
of both collectors and representation,
who were unwilling to see 
anything new..








I learned from that and chose a different path, 
my representation is so open and easy and Meg is always  fascinated by my new
creations, no matter how unorthodox they might seem to others. 
That is great representation, and I am so grateful.


Authentic work..
that phrase is annoyingly overused, 
and yet I cannot find another phrase that 
describes it..
being true to not only what I want, 
but where my focus moves ..
it affords me the luxury of being able to create what I feel in my heart
and express it with whatever media I choose that will impart it
in the best way possible. 

 that offers
complete freedom...


For me, every piece of work I create has a story.
and this one begins in loss.
The loss of one painting and the gift of another.


I worked this piece
 from my personal photo stash of roses captured at twilight..
that mysterious time that creeps up and silently 
and slowly spills darkness ... 

oddly..
It is, in my experience, 
a special time that fills with promise..
it brings the dream time..
and the awakening of changes..
of old patterns of behaviors.. changing old connections 
and the unfolding of new opportunities ..
the welcoming of gratitude.





This piece is a gift in more ways than one..
it seeks only to convey love..
and a promise of new beginnings
for both myself

and the recipient..



See you this Friday.. on YT 
 I promise a review of Art Graf Earth Colors
Tailor Shapes..

right now
 I am busy just trying not to get them all over everything..


xox