Tuesday, February 18, 2020

January Art Journal Pages






January is all about me..

I don't mean that in an arrogant kind of way..
and I think most of us tend to do a lot of soul searching in January
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that traditionally 
the end of the year was a scary time...
The old north wind and grim reaper were constantly in collaboration..


 I always create a self portrait in January
and I write about what is happening for me personally, spiritually and physically.

what I always find is that my thoughts always turn up
in my body and around it..







there is no escaping the fact that 
my thought manifests into form..





Ingredients: black gesso, colored pencil, Caran d' Ache, china marker, antique paper ephemera.





I suppose it has so much to do with watching my 
Father in Law 
in decline,
 that I am renewed in my
desire to create exactly what I want..
and thinking about my own mortality..
and though none of us knows how we will end up..
I believe that we can make better choices for ourselves and
for those around us..


There is nothing like contrast to create
great desire.


 I believe that hair has memory, 
therefore,
I am weaving my thoughts,
affirmations and desires in the tangled layers..

like a treasure map..
magnetizing my future..
I know it sounds so simple..
but it really is quite complex..
as there are a million potholes
to negotiate..




what am I working on?
Paintings..
the floral you always see in the background of my videos
and a small floral painting that will be a gift..


I have just started my February Art Journal pages..
writing a new love letter to myself..

and working on new pieces to take
to my class
in August 
in San Diego..


and then there is the garden..

calling to me..


xox