Monday, July 12, 2010

the mended heart



ciao!
first, let me say that I do not
consider myself a doll maker
by any stretch of the imagination....
I have made dolls before
but never with this detail...


I am finishing the last
two dolls and the santos hand
and I will have photos for you
before I leave for Taos
on thursday morning...








the doll show, Art of the Doll, Return to Sacred Places
opens on friday evening
and this is the
first Santos
in the collection...






I wanted to create
contemporary relics with a sense of history
and age...
I used found objects and antique fabrics on all
of my "saints"





this piece is titled
"the mended heart"
and I wanted the milagros attached to
shreds of her once glorious petticoat
that would have covered the hoop skirt
the heart is made of plaster cloth and the
barb wire is hand made.
all the clothes have been stitched by hand...





I am honored to be invited in this show
not just because it is
but part of the proceeds are going to an orphanage
in Haiti and there is
price limit on
these sculptures
to make them more affordable

I will blog the show and take as many photos
as I can so you can see it...
if you are interested
in this Santos please
go here and
email Robert.

hope you like her...
she is obviously
close to my heart...
now I will get back to work...

c4n!