Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Practice, Practice, Practice..





well dear readers,
I have been working on my new show...

Excavations

from my Ripped and Torn series..









and I have 5 small pieces to share with you..
although they are not going into the show..

they were just for 
Practice..


I once had a teacher that used to shout, "Practice, Practice, Practice..
as we were leaving the studio..






So I have made several small pieces as rough drafts..
to see how this new series will behave...

sometimes mixed media needs time to sit .. to rest
and techniques need time to develop...










 no matter how long I work with a media 
I am always learning new things..
paper teaches me so much..


It seems to me that as we develop and grow as artists we find
new ways to use the same old materials..







Excavations is an attempt to rip through the layers 
and sort out the truths..
the center always reveals what has been hiding there all along..
As I rip and tear, and focus, the dimension of the 
relationship comes clearly into focus..
and I am always reminded 
that harmony and congruence
is born from chaos..


Please save the date!!
May 17th
2019
in Fort Collins, CO

7-9 pm
I will so look forward to seeing you!! 







We are off again, 
traveling to see family again..

So I am taking a little break until March 1st
when I will have the new 
Mono Printing video 
for you..

but I will have a new blog post for you next 
Tuesday
see you then!!


C4N!