Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Mixed Media- Life is in the Details




The little conversation..

I have said it before..
it is really all in the details..
I call it the little conversation..




The big conversation..
for me is always about love




In my work, texture represents 
the layers of complexity in relationship..
with myself, and others.




and in light of what happened in 
Charlottesville
I wanted to express to you
my feelings about my art 






..
every piece I create has a thought about someone ..
or a feeling about myself or others..
each layer is a devotion to working out
issues, inconsistencies, or simply documenting
what is..
my intention is to be a witness..
documenting the holiness of life




It all ties together perfectly..
I love what I create and I create love..
love of nature..








these are sneaky peeks 
that I am sending to Somerset Studio..





love of relationships
love of creation..






in addition to the layers
I wanted to create..




love of beauty..
Love of life...




the fragility of winged creatures..
and to show



Love 
of kindness..




and mirror our own fragility..
to see through the wings..





Which is a religion to me...
kindness..
Never let anyone tell you that kindness is not enough..



to the layers below..
the words, 
the issues,
the trauma,




that love does not conquer evil..

 love is more powerful than hate..
Love always wins..
Love will find a way..




and reveals
a bigger picture..
of freedom..
and flight,
of 
life, 
eternally 
playing out in the
details..



as we go about our week,
simply,
lovingly,
speaking kindness,
cheering on others,
celebrating successes,
opening doors for people with strollers,
buying a coffee for the next person in line..

and feeling our hearts expanding in love of life..

know without a doubt,
dear reader,
 that your loving kindness
is the stuff that wears down mountains of hate,
builds bridges..
and changes 
subtly, softly..
but change, 
it does.


xo