Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Mixed Media- Life is in the Details




The little conversation..

I have said it before..
it is really all in the details..
I call it the little conversation..




The big conversation..
for me is always about love




In my work, texture represents 
the layers of complexity in relationship..
with myself, and others.




and in light of what happened in 
Charlottesville
I wanted to express to you
my feelings about my art 






..
every piece I create has a thought about someone ..
or a feeling about myself or others..
each layer is a devotion to working out
issues, inconsistencies, or simply documenting
what is..
my intention is to be a witness..
documenting the holiness of life




It all ties together perfectly..
I love what I create and I create love..
love of nature..








these are sneaky peeks 
that I am sending to Somerset Studio..





love of relationships
love of creation..






in addition to the layers
I wanted to create..




love of beauty..
Love of life...




the fragility of winged creatures..
and to show



Love 
of kindness..




and mirror our own fragility..
to see through the wings..





Which is a religion to me...
kindness..
Never let anyone tell you that kindness is not enough..



to the layers below..
the words, 
the issues,
the trauma,




that love does not conquer evil..

 love is more powerful than hate..
Love always wins..
Love will find a way..




and reveals
a bigger picture..
of freedom..
and flight,
of 
life, 
eternally 
playing out in the
details..



as we go about our week,
simply,
lovingly,
speaking kindness,
cheering on others,
celebrating successes,
opening doors for people with strollers,
buying a coffee for the next person in line..

and feeling our hearts expanding in love of life..

know without a doubt,
dear reader,
 that your loving kindness
is the stuff that wears down mountains of hate,
builds bridges..
and changes 
subtly, softly..
but change, 
it does.


xo 

20 comments:

tgarrett said...

Beautiful post- brought tears. So hard to keep my head up- but knowing there are beautiful loving people like you give me hope. Love to you my dear Caterina.

lana kloch said...

so tender and touching and at the same time powerful and active..

love your words; love your art.. love you..

lana cano kloch..

Randi Kuhne said...

Such tender beauty!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A well conceived post with lovely peeks into what is coming in Somerset magazine. Like you, I wonder why people must act the way they do. So glad you used that as the focus for this amazing sneak peek!

belly button said...

Thank you for your healing art images and healing words to live by!

ELFI said...

une créativité toute en légèreté...

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A beautiful uplifting post!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I agree with you whole heart. Not always easy but yes to kindness. Your layers speak beautifully of love uncovered, love revealed!

Caterina Giglio said...

Terry, I feel the same way about you!! knowing that we are all lovers and sending goodness out daily, makes me feel so heartened! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Lana, thank you dear heart, I love you back!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Randi, so glad you liked them!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Dr. E. so delighted that you enjoyed the post, I agree, I do not understand hate.. x

Caterina Giglio said...

Belly Button, thank you so very much, and thanks for stopping by!

Caterina Giglio said...

Merci, Merci, Elfi! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Susi, thank you so very much! happy to uplift! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, thanks for your kind words, it means so much!

Dorthe said...

So beautiful, your art your words, and the life lived from those words,
dear Cat, you are a beautiful woman, inside and out- and your ability of creating beauty with both hands and words, is an amazing gift, that you so kindly and lovingly shares .
Love to you dear heart !
Dorthe, xxx

Pamela Gerard said...

Thank you for this. And yes, kindness is very important. We could use a lot more of it in the world.

betsters@gmail.com said...

Ellen ends her show every day with "Be kind to each other". I love that you also share kindness. If everyone was kind there would be no room for hatred.

suziqu's thread works said...

Without these words so beautifully expressed we can never move forward both with our art and in our lives and these words shine so brightly through your beautiful works!
xox Suzy

Follow by Email