Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Naturalists' Notebook






Well dear readers,
work continues on 
my new
collection..

The Naturalists' Notebook





Detail of the Notebook cover with three book covers on an antique periodical book, Caterina Giglio




The pieces of work are as yet
nameless..


Detail from the notebook, Naturalist's Notebook, Caterina Giglio






but I think of the one below as my corvid piece..







and I have been painting butterflies 
on tissue paper..












because I wanted to create a sense of 
transparency..








the collection is multi layered 
and I find myself still editing..

painting over and sanding back...











all of the pieces are about 
transformation..
magic, illumination and growth..









it is a personal show...

but highly universal as well..
whom among us is not challenged to grow and change?




Tissue paper butterfly wings, The Naturalists' Notebook, Caterina Giglio


The show opens
May 5 and 6
in Fort Collins, Colorado
at 142 Bis Gallerie

and I will be present for both showings..
I am very excited to be going home..

of course it will be ongoing..

We will be shooting film of the show before 
it begins and posting it to YouTube
so that all of you can attend the 
First Friday event..

and we will be shooting
the next YouTube video this week
on Art Journaling: Creating Layers..


Thank you again, for your kind readership..
see you soon..


C4N!