Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Inside the Antique Travel Journal




I love a chubby journal..






and my tiny antique journal is simply 
overflowing with tickets, 
and memorabilia
   






the pockets are stuffed...




and may have to be reinforced...






but overall, it took a lot of abuse and held up well....





There are several pieces that I won't be showing you..






alas, since I always  journal write 



Grey Etchings on Glass, mixed media, Caterina Giglio


and create a diary of our travels...





but you can see that the antique photo album
worked out well...







We adored France as you know..





and were fortunate to visit the 
which is just down the street from 
Monet's Garden




Rainy cool and wet weather... watercolor, Caterina Giglio



it was stunning to see Degas's work up close
as well as Monet's...

well, as close as they will let me... LOL








and since it was May day, 
Mr. La Dolce Vita, bought me a
bouquet of Lily of the Valley..
which I immediately pressed ... of course..




















and I still have photos from London to 
share with you...
especially the London Eye, which I must brag
that I endured quite well..






I suppose it is always a jolly fine day for enjoying 
Fish and Chips...











and in case you missed
the post
that explains how I transformed this 
crumbling antique photo album into  
a modern travel journal

you can go


Journal pages will be served next..
so please stay tuned..


ciao, ciao!





18 comments:

maya matthew said...

So beautiful and chock full of memories. Waiting for the serving of journal pages.

Caterina Giglio said...

Maya, dear ... thank you so much, will post next Tuesday!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful! How fun it would be to go through all of that. Every time we travel I say I will keep a journal. I always start but then never ever keep up with it. This summer, I'm going to do it. No if;s and's or but's. :) Thanks for inspiring!

Jo Murray said...

I'd love to put it in a time capsule and open it again in 100 years.....AND I'd like to be around for the viewing. Wonderful.

Caterina Giglio said...

Tammy, we always travel and I when I keep a journal, I compare what I remember to what I read, and it is such a difference... we forget so many details, and so I have decided to keep one for all trips lasting longer than a week... I hope you do it, it is wonderful... x

Caterina Giglio said...

Jo, perhaps my family will keep it that long, who knows!!?

Laura said...

So beautiful Cat, I love the tender attention you put into this as you do everything. What a wonderful way to remember your adventures.

Dorthe said...

Dear Caterina, I can just stare on all these beautiful photoes, filled with your gorgeous art and funny pages with all kind of saved and hidden pieces, from your toru to Europe. I love your paintings and the pressed Lily Of The Valley, so adorable, -what a wonderful book to remember by ,years from now, you can open it up, and re-enjoy it all, dear friend.
HUGS, from Dorthe

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

A true personal keepsake...yet it also speaks of our human experience of travel, vision and romance.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure how I missed your Somerset sneak peek below, but I look forward to seeing the article when it comes out.

This is a lovely journal. I know I should do more in my own life, but it's easier on my hands to type out my memories than write them by hand. You do such a great job with your journals and this one may top them all.

I'm quite impressed to read that you made it round the London Eye. As afraid of ferris wheels as I am, I think I would have to go on this one, regardless. Good for you.

Brian Lapsley said...

You have really outdone yourself. The journal has an amazing old world feel to it and each page seems like an adventure. I just keep staring......

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Laura, thank you so much, I really had so much fun putting it all together... and now rereading it, makes me feel transported again to rich discovery... x

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dorthe... oh, I do so love lilies, being a lily girl and little lily of the valley are one of my favorites.. so happy you liked it... thank you dear one! hugs..xxx

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh, Mary Ann, I am such a hopeful romantic... I suppose that trait will never leave me... it is a great keepsake and a treasure...

Caterina Giglio said...

E, the article is out now, and I just submitted my December article and art... thank you for your kind remarks, I adore this journal and loved playing in it... I understand about the London Eye... I am terrified of Ferris Wheels or any ride really, but I promised Mr. LDV that I would go with him. So I was pleasantly surprised that it was not as terrifying as I had thought, you might be surprised!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Brian, that's me ...OLD WORLD... I admit to using an old tourist guide for much of the collage work, thanks for your kind comments and for stopping by!!

Seth said...

Oh this is such a treasure Cat. What a wonderful tribute to your trip and a reminder in the future of the adventure you had. Love it!

Caterina Giglio said...

Seth, thank you, it was a joy to make and yes, it will be a great memory of a beautiful trip...