Saturday, October 18, 2014

September Journal Pages






I missed journaling...

everything was packed away tightly in boxes...
we were busy getting the new house in order...
and visiting friends and family..










and I really did not realize how much I looked forward to writing
all my thoughts down on paper and 
then illustrating...

my month... 
my feelings and the events....

of course I knew that art journaling was important to me...
but it is the contrast isn't it
that makes one realize how much 
something really means...


so 
I made up for it with 
my 
September pages...










sometimes an abstract is the only way I feel that I
can express everything that is going on...
in and around me...
Chaos of creation.. 
of life...








only layers seem to capture
what goes on..
the depth of friendships...
of love...
desire...
hope... 








this month, I found my old pasta machine at the bottom of a large box..
dusted it off and made some new
Italian collages...
the three pieces below
came from that joyful day...




ingredients: paper, ephemera, fabric, acrylic paint, walnut ink, colored pencils, pen, pencil, Italian collages, cardboard, H2O's, wax encaustic...




and
dear reader...
I will have some sneak peeks
for you in my next post...
 news about a fabulous new book...



ciao, ciao!