Saturday, October 18, 2014

September Journal Pages






I missed journaling...

everything was packed away tightly in boxes...
we were busy getting the new house in order...
and visiting friends and family..










and I really did not realize how much I looked forward to writing
all my thoughts down on paper and 
then illustrating...

my month... 
my feelings and the events....

of course I knew that art journaling was important to me...
but it is the contrast isn't it
that makes one realize how much 
something really means...


so 
I made up for it with 
my 
September pages...










sometimes an abstract is the only way I feel that I
can express everything that is going on...
in and around me...
Chaos of creation.. 
of life...








only layers seem to capture
what goes on..
the depth of friendships...
of love...
desire...
hope... 








this month, I found my old pasta machine at the bottom of a large box..
dusted it off and made some new
Italian collages...
the three pieces below
came from that joyful day...




ingredients: paper, ephemera, fabric, acrylic paint, walnut ink, colored pencils, pen, pencil, Italian collages, cardboard, H2O's, wax encaustic...




and
dear reader...
I will have some sneak peeks
for you in my next post...
 news about a fabulous new book...



ciao, ciao!





19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a joy to have found your pasta machine, and just as the chaos of your life has kept you from journaling. Your September pages are filled with so much, it's hard to tell where the abstract and the reality leave off (or intertwine). Beautiful post and art.


A new book? I'm intrigued.

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh E, thank you.. it is so lovely to have your view point.. I appreciate your kindness and yes, so happy to have found that old thing! and it makes the most wonderful shredded papers! x

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Good for you ... lovely layers here and that you managed what with all the moving!

suziqu's thread works said...

Just gorgeous Cat! I understand totally about the creation of layering and how we express our depth of feelings, desires and friendships through this process.
Never heard of shredding paper like this but there is always more to learn in opening our hearts and minds.
I love all of your beautiful textures, compositions and colour.
Hope you can now settle down in your new place turning your heart in expressions of this kind.
Warm hugs,
Suzy

Louise Oakes said...

Fabulous pages♡

Kim Andersen said...

Lovely layers and delicious texture ... You do create such beautiful collage!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice, nice, nice. Glad you are back and creating. I will be happy to move and unpack as well. xox

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous pages, Cat! I do always love what I see on your site! It's wonderful that you're back and creating.

Vicki Miller said...

I also use my pasta machine in art, as a printing press! I have followed many of your pages on pinterest for along while. It's nice to finally see some art you have made. You do miss journaling when you are away from it, don't you?

Seth said...

Glad you had a chance to journal again. Stunning pages!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Caterina I always enjoy visiting your blog and so how creative you are, these pages are wonderfully done.
Anni

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann... Thank you!



Hi Suzy.. So glad you understand.. Your beautiful layered work always speaks volumes to me! Xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks, louise! And thanks for stopping by!

Kim, thank you so much!

Oh, Corrine... Hope you are unpacking soon! I will be commiserating with you! Xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear Gaby... So nice to have you stop by! And so happy you like it! Xo

~*~Patty S said...

such lovely representation of this layered life we lead dear Cat...your pages are very special!

happy for you to be able to get back to creating again...
I notice that traveling seems to interrupt my creativity more and more these days...I can only begin to imagine what moving would do

Happy October Dear One
oxo

Dorthe said...

Dear Caterina, so wonderful to see your September creations, expressing your inner feelings of all that is importent in our lives.... they are beautiful, and the layers of different textures so fantastic!
I hope you are beginning to feel at home in your new surroundings and in your house, and wish you a beautiful new week, sweet friend.
Hugs from Dorthe-xx

Sharmon Davidson said...

What scrumptious pasta you have made, dear Cat! I can only imagine how much you must have missed journalling, but you definitely made up for it - beautiful!

Lisa DiNunzio said...

hi cat...reading posts i missed and wanting to thank you for sharing your pictures and your thoughts...what a beautiful life you are choosing!
♥ ♥ ♥

Brian Lapsley said...

Awesome work as usual!!!!

Follow by Email