Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

italian collage






I am getting back to work slowly...

summer it seems is immediately upon us..
the pool opened in perfect time to the soaring heat
and simply everything is in bloom..

so there are so many things calling my name
and so much to do... 




5 layers of Italian collage at the top and layers waiting to be pressed at the bottom



wips.. and scraps
are all I have to show right now
gathering all the papers around me like a sea
of cellulose and choosing the scraps that resonate with me..
call out to me... 
use me




decollage pieces of paper scraps to be pressed between tissue..


gathering decollage scrap rolls
and bits of Italian script...

I never tire of playing with ephemera...
of bringing the unlikely pieces together to create new relationships on 
paper... rough and unpolished against slick and beautiful
and delicate against cardboard... 







on one of the pieces of paper... I had written:

Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed... borrowed 
from those who had no idea about themselves...


osho




painted papers and transfers... with Italian collage piece above... wips


a quote that changed my whole direction in life
and put me on my art path..



I hope gentle reader that you have time this week
to enjoy yourself
and may the the summer time, sun shine down upon you!



C4N!

22 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

I know what you mean about ephemera. Wonderful work.
Ciao, Colette

Marie Danti said...

Love the ephemera! Lovely post.

Analia Cristina said...

This is a beautiful collage!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you so much Colette! And it is splendid to be published in the same issue of Sew Somerset... yet once again!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Marie... thank you... and thanks for popping over!!

Jo Murray said...

All those yummy 'bits'...great work.

Sylvia Ballerini Jewellery said...

Those snapshots of components for your works make beautiful compositions as they are, Cat.

I especially like 'decollage pieces of paper scraps to be pressed between tissue..’ Those curls may be an analogy for the unfurling of of an idea/concept or the unleashing of your creative muse through the process of creating a new art work. Maybe even symbolic of your promise for a future piece of creativity.

Wonderful!

Kim Andersen said...

I honestly don't get much work done in the summertime (lol) - your work is lovely as always - even in snippets.

Love the quote!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Yes, summer is here too! The lifeguards are set up at the beach and I've been floating at the pool ... wonderful to watch seagulls fly overhead!
I love your collection of papers, scraps and writing all waiting for your magic touch!
Enjoy it all!

Seth said...

I love the process of gathering. It is the time that ideas form and beauty begins.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Gathering, sorting, arranging, love all that process. The quote is so profound....love, love. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Jo! thank you!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Sylvia! I was thinking about you the other day... how I remember your kindness when I first began blogging... and thank you for those kind words, yes uncurling those tiny bits of of paper promises!!
x

Caterina Giglio said...

LOL... KIm, it is my most unproductive time as well!! But certainly one of the most peaceful!

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann.. yes, sea gulls and great blue heron and so many birds unknown to me. I will have to get a bird book when I get to FLA!

Caterina Giglio said...

I love it too Seth... swimming in possibility..

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Corrine... yes it stopped me in my tracks ... great quote! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Analia Christina... THANK YOU! muah!

Sharmon Davidson said...

What a tempting bunch of ephemera you have there, Cat... the wips look quite promising!

~*~Patty S said...

Passion for paper = Yes ♥
you use your lovely bits of this and that so artfully dear Cat...
this is the time of year I find myself flitting in and out of the house with lots to enjoy...
Happy end of May dear one
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely lovely beginnings, dear friend. I often find the hunt and find stage to be as much fun as the put it all together stage. Of course, your papers are simply stunning.

Have a great weekend, and try to enjoy the weather. I'm not looking forward to all this heat we've been getting.

Margie said...

It is always such a joy to see your beautiful pages.
Lovely, simply lovely, Cat.

Have a wonderful weekend.
xo