Monday, September 16, 2013

142 bis gallerie





unless you have been living under a rock..
or are in another country...

you have probably heard about the 
devastating
floods in Colorado...

last summer they literally burned up ...
suffering terrifying forest fires 
and this year, the flooding cut off towns and destroyed lives...
it breaks my heart...



alley in Fort Collins...



even though I know that all is well,
it is hard to see the photos and videos and listen to the dismay in
my friends voices...
and the best I can do is keep them all safe and tight in
heart...



in August we journeyed back home for a tiny visit...
and I took these pics of 






and 
142
Bis
Gallerie


the antique planter box at the front window...




I am so blessed to be represented by
Meg DeWeese...
the shop and gallery is such a perfect fit in many ways...
first of all, it looks splendid in her environment...
and second, she really, "gets me"

we have been friends for many years
and she understands the quirky way my 
artist mind works..
my love of layers and textures
my passion for old, foxed and crumbled...papers
my love affair with paint...




my work above the clever card fence...


more work below...










the gallery is located downstairs,
to the right of the clock...
descend carefully...



wrapping papers and ribbons and cards oh my...


It is a feast for the senses...


lots of gorgeous antique fixtures in this store.. and gallery



my photos do not do it justice, because it is such a sensual experience..

all of my new work featured in
in the Portfolio article
will be 
going to Bis for a show this fall..
AND

I will be back soon with 
a fall give away...

because 
moving is imminent!!





XO






16 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I was thinking of you and friends in Colorado with all of this happening. Hope your friends are safe. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Yes, Corrine, all safe and accounted for, but it keeps raining and they are simply praying that it doesn't get any worse... x0x

Margie said...

Cat, my heart breaks for Colorado.
We have seen the devastation that is not far from me.

It looks like you found the perfect place for your art, it's beautifully displayed!
I would love to visit there ... if only!

I always enjoy my visits here so much and stay a linger a while.

Margie
xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you Margie, it is such a tragedy... thanks for stopping by and hanging out, I feel the same about your blog and your work..
xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I swear I must live under a rock, or maybe in my basement, because I had not even seen anything on TV for nearly a week. When I took my friend Sally to day surgery this morning, I saw about the Navy Yard shooting on their TV and then saw a bit about the rains in CO. It hit home how behind the times I was, when I read your post just now.

It's ironic, but I could point your art out anywhere. It is so unique and beautiful. Glad you have someone who believes in you and your art and is willing to sell it for you. You are surely blessed in both friends and heART.

Patti said...

Your art, as always, is amazing... so sad to know that your 'home' has been so troubled by flooding. But, on a happier note, great about the show!!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E! sometimes it is good to live under a rock... sometimes we really need the insulation... Hope Sally is doing well. the shipyard shooting just appalling... breaks my heart...
I am so glad that my work is so recognizable, and yes I am so very blessed.. xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Patti, yes, the show will be wonderful, even though I will not be able to attend, and home will recover and grow stronger... xox

Sophie Munns said...

News reached us of devastation over there ... Heart-breaking and to have many you know caught up.

So nice to see you work on the walls of this lovely gallery store Cat.

Take care,
S xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks so much Sophie... I never know if our news travels so far away... but I know that Australia is no stranger to flooding... thanks for stopping by.. xo

Marilyn J. Rock said...

I have a friend, here, whose daughter and family are effected by the flooding in Colorado. The distance makes it so difficult for them. My prayers go out to all. It's very difficult to watch it on the news.

Thanks for your comment on my new Blog! I love your photos, here, and it's always a pleasure to see your art being showcased.

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks for stopping by Marilyn! So sorry about your friend, it is so hard to be far away and see so many friends affected by this new disaster... I understand completely..

audrey said...

It is hard to watch the news and see what has happened in Colorado. It is hard to imagine the loss and the work ahead to repair, rebuild, and restore things. I keep the people of Colorado in my prayers.
On the other hand, seeing your beautiful art hanging in these galleries seems only natural. Your placement of such simple things ~ like small pieces of paper and a leaf or a bit of thread ~ voila! You have created a beautiful work of art.

Dorthe said...

Dear Caterina,
I hope all your loved ones are safe, and ok. We have seen and heard about the floods in Colorado and I`m feeling sad for everyone effected from the water floods.

And I am happy for you that your artwork hangs so beautifully in the gallery and shop,- looking wonderful on the white walls.
I wish you good luck !!
Hugs from Dorthe

Linda Jo said...

Love your post.... love your art ... so sad about Colorado. I have friends there, south of Denver, all so scary. Praying for these people!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Cat, this gallery is certainly a perfect fit for your work; definitely has the same "vibe"! So exciting about your work in Somerset Studio, and then a solo show - you go, girl!!

Follow by Email