Follow by Email

Monday, June 17, 2013

jardin collages




hello, dear readers...
so nice to find my 
French Abstract pieces in the post
and be able to share them with you today...

these are the pieces featured in my recent
Sew Somerset article 
on creating abstracts using a grid pattern....



detail from Pensees




there are two 8 x 8 gallery wrapped canvas...
with antique ephemera, victorian scrap and transfers on canvas...




Pensees





detail from Les Fleurs 






Les Fleurs





and 4 smaller pieces on Khadi paper
they look great
as a mosaic don't they?

the Jardin collages are a part of
my French Paper Series 









and were inspired by my gardens
and the feeling of summer...


I just listed them for sale
in my 



hope your summer or winter is inspiring you too...


xo




11 comments:

Sylvia Ballerini Jewellery said...

Beautiful work Cat.

martinealison said...

De très belles compositions...
Gros bisous à vous.

lynne h said...

soooo lovely, cat... and yes, the khadi pieces are exquisite as a mosaic. : )

xoxo

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

So beautiful..I love knowing the world is seeing your beautiful sacred marks in Somerset. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

They do look lovely as a mosaic...nice seticle. xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just got the magazine over the weekend. I love your French garden series. It made a fantastic article in the magazine. I can see why they always pick you to show your art.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like the way you have photographed these pieces close up and than the whole piece...lovely! Enjoy your garden and studio this summer!

Jo Murray said...

I Love these little collages.

Anneke said...

very beautiful work and texture.
greetings from Ann

Lori Saul said...

Fantastic inspiration and always so beautifully detailed and displayed Caterina- you are a natural teacher!

Lori

bluebirdslivinginthemeadow said...

sew lovely!! i can finally feel summerly and your lovely collages speak summerness! happy day to you, dear cat....