Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

french paper series





finally...
dear hearts...
I have a few pieces to share with you
for my show 
The French Paper Series

at EsScentuals in Fort Collins
on Friday August 3rd










the first is the detail to the piece below
most of the pieces for this show will be on cradled boards
and a few works on paper..



The Daisy
12 x 12




all of these pieces incorporate the Italian Collages that I shared in my
works in progress posts that I did last month...
as well as the stitches and painted papers



The Moon and the Stars
6 x 6






the next three pieces were finished previously with the intention of placing them in this show...




Suggestions for Reading
8 x 10

previously published in Pasticcio Panoply




Gentle Flow
6 x 6



Mysteriuex
published in The Pulse of Mixed Media
5 x 5






The Forgotten Art
6 x 6




St Justice
5 x 5




The Best Artists
6 x 6






Waiting for the letter
8 x 8




I have several pieces still in the works and I will show them as soon as I can...


this is a detail of the Italian Collage from the large piece below
The Notary 

  





The Notary
16 x 20






If you are local, please stop by to see the show
I am so excited to be back in Fort Collins again
to see all my friends..



there won't be enough time,
but I will take all I get...

ciao, ciao!



19 comments:

Becca said...

Oh so lovely! I wish I could be there in person to see these lovely pieces! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Dianne said...

These are amazing! What a treat it would be to see them in person! The layers, textures, the ephemera... all in such wonderful balance and structure... Beautiful...

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Your pieces are awesome Caterina - hope you have a wonderful show.

Dymphie said...

ow wow your collages are just perfect! Congrats with the coming show! As of today I started making collages again, nothing near as beautiful as yours.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am breathless.... these simply elegance personified and I wish I could attend your exhibit. I spent the day with another artist today and we visited a couple local galleries. I find myself renewed and refreshed. I have been moving Back into my Whispers and Echoes Studio after a four month residency for my community at Dawes Arboretum. I am itching to create something different but still very closely inspired by Nature. Thank you for sharing. Peace, Mary helen Fernandez Stewart

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Just popping up again to say...I love your work. I think one of the things that I find most appealing is the apparent delicacy, but it only takes a second glance to see the underlying substance. So it's the depth...tht's it...the depth! Ever so well done! And good luck with the show!

Marie said...

I'm loving all of your pieces especially "the best artists", (great title!) & "the Notary". I wish I could see them in person but will be away for a family gathering. I was sooooo looking forward to meeting you....sigh!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope you have a fabulous show because I know you'll have a great time reconnecting with your friends. My favorite is the piece published in Seth's book. They are all lovely, though, because they are all so well put together. Your compositions and layering always impresses me.

~*~Patty S said...

How nice for your and your beautiful creations to be back in Ft Collins again Cat.

Fabulous work as always
oxo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So glad to hear that you will be making a trip back to Ft. Collins for the art show. I hope that your friends fared well during the wildfires. Your work is always so lovely. I particularly love the mix of papers/fabric and stitching. Have a beautiful day. Tammy

mansuetude said...

These are beautiful. The last one took me down from height into a landscape of layers. Wonderful harmony and yet so much to stimulate the mind.

Hope you have a blast!

Lisa said...

Stunning Cat...i am in love with the multiple layers and textures..truly divine!

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Cat I just love your artwork and find these pieces so inspirational - love the many layers of text, paint and fibres interwoven into such beautiful pieces.
I only wish I lived locally so I could visit the exhibition in person!
They are all a credit to you!
Suzy

ArtPropelled said...

They are all beautiful but The Best Artists really calls to me. All the best for your show, Cat!

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Cat... your work here is so very beautiful. What an amazing show this will be!!!
roxanne

Sharmon Davidson said...

My thought as I looked at these is that I wanted to touch them. They are simply elegant. Congrats on your show- I wish I could be there.

deannawelch19@gmail.com said...

Can't wait!

Seth said...

Stunning set of pieces for the show. Of course I am partial to Mysteriuex. I do hope you show a picture of all the work hung together. Congrats and good luck!!

layers said...

I love your textures and subdued colors and use of text.. congrats and best wishes for a good show.