Tuesday, September 17, 2024

EveryWoman




Ciao dear ones...

I have been sketching each week to keep 

my sight trained..

its a skill that will go rusty if we are not using it..






I usually make sketches in my sketch journal..
they are part of my
EveryWoman
series..


I began this series several years ago..




Stabile Carbothello chalk pastels



When I began to paint my friend Gina..

We had been friends for many years..
and she gave me permission to use her likeness..

By every woman..
 I mean..
woman who are friends, 
neighbors.. and those of us who do not 
look like glamour..
or celebrated beauty..








they are women you would know..
They are usually women who do not feel beautiful..







But I celebrate their beauty.. 
I see how lovely and graceful they are 
and I want to illustrate 
the kindness I feel when I look at them..

and ...
I feel moved to document 
what I know to be true...





 

Thank you so much for stopping by

the lily cottage..

for listening to my thoughts

and feelings..


I am ever grateful for your viewership..


Ciao, Ciao!