Friday, August 7, 2020

Natural Dyes and Resists





Ciao dear hearts..
there are so many things to experiment with
concerning natural dyes..
I almost didn't know where to start..

except..
that I knew I wanted to conduct some light fast experiments..
and sadly salt did nothing to keep the color
from fading in the sun.

I did not bother with the vinegar baths, since the color was so dramatically changed with
salt...
and worse with vinegar..





 


I used just a teaspoon of salt and it changed the blue berry dye to a pink shade...

 that did not turn paper and fabrics blue...

that salted blueberry bath was however, beautiful mixed with unadulterated dye baths.

the resists are easy and will be a nice addition to stitches..


I will be using these papers and fabrics in the next video

for the 

Stitch A Thon


I invite you to make some beautiful papers and fabrics

and stitch along with me in two weeks..

we all need a little 

stitching meditation..

don't we?


The end result will be a sweet little book..

Be well..

C4N!