Tuesday, January 7, 2020

That Portrait and Why I Am A YouTuber




Happy 2020!

I have had a long break,
but not been idle..
there is no rest for the creative..


I promised you photos of the portrait that I painted for my 
Daughter and SIL
it is actually 2 portraits
 and took me ages to paint.. 
I find it so challenging to paint
portraits of people I know..
and to accomplish it
in between all the other work
 I have going on..
I was determined to send it as a Christmas present....
and I just made it..


Whew!






Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media Painting, detail.


As I write this post,
I am also hard at work 
on my first Vlog post of the year
on YouTube..
and I thought I would write about 
WHY 
I am a YouTuber..

First of all, 
gentle reader, it was NOT my idea..
It was Don's idea..
He had been watching 
a lot of YouTube videos
and thought I should be on 
YouTube

well you can imagine how that went over..

however..
that handsome guy is very persuasive 
and as we were leaving for 
Italy
the first time, he said ...
imagine how fun it will be to document the trip 
for our friends and family..

OK..OK.. 
I finally capitulated ... 

this coincided with the reorganization of 
Stampington Magazines..
I had been a consistent contributor to their magazines
as a way of offering some inspiration
to others..
my way of giving back..

what I realized after a while on 
YouTube
was that
I could reach a 
much larger audience 
than the 
magazines had covered and
 so I decided to give it my attention..





Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media Painting, Kori and Kaden in the Grass. 12 x 12 cradled board.


There is in my humble opinion
a need..
a desperate need..
for people to be more creative..

I know that not everyone is an
 artist,
but everyone can create..
it may not be a GREAT work of art, 
but it creates a GREAT feeling when one is creating..
it opens the door to expansive thinking..
it allows the heart to express emotionally..
and the act of creation results in joy..
that child like feeling of loosing oneself in the color..
the abandonment of self in the form..
and a feeling of connection
that sparks kindness..

and now more than ever..
we so need kindness..

So meet me on Friday..
I will have a 
YouTube 
video 
for you
on 
Organizing Your Mixed Media
Studio Space


C4N!