Tuesday, August 13, 2019

July Mixed Media Art Journal Pages




Well gentle reader..
I wrote a lot about our trip..

to the Caribbean ..
in July,
on the pages in my journal..
so it was not




Sorry for the inconvenience on the last post with my YT video.. simply click on 
the link to watch the video..
"WATCH THIS VIDEO ON YOU TUBE"






surprising to see the blue paint 




show up 





I have to admit though
it was a bit uncomfortable to film..
without a clear idea of where 
the work was taking me...

and I usually know what I am creating
when we film..
have made a prototype or I have worked out
a design plan..



I think that being an artist is a constant exercise in 
releasing control..
it is what separates us from 
Makers and Crafters..






The Artist must learn to surrender the outcome of
what is created and simply allow..
but the 
Maker... Crafter... Artisan
always has an outcome in mind...





Ingredients: Pencil, Gesso, Acrylic paint, fabric, lace, string, handmade papers, antique paper, paper ephemera, wrapping paper, hand dyed lace, fabric and crochet. 







so I was delighted to see
where we were going with
all the little stitches..
and
having a few clouds show up 
unexpectedly was really lovely..







my cloud interpretation

and it certainly recalls to mind
those beautiful serene days..



this week I managed to do a deep clean of the studio..
and got some things organized..
and I am at work
on the new YT video..

my little twig book is up
next
methinks..



Ok, off to do some painting..


Ciao, ciao!