Friday, March 1, 2013

feb pages





if you have been following my blog
for a while..
then you know that art journaling is
an important part of my life...
I write about what is going on each month..





and then i obscure my writing with
my art...


each feb I write myself a love letter
I concentrate on the good things I am and I do...
I think that most of our issues come
 from our lack of self worth... 
so I use valentines day
to remind myself that it all begins with
self love...

I can't love another
if I don't love myself...
it would not be love... but admiration..







this year my commitment has been even
stronger






I am changing the way I feel about myself completely...
my body, my self, my life, my art...







I chose the winter scenes to mirror the reflection that is happening within me

winter represents an incubation period 

to me, it is a time to cozy up
and think about what I want to create and 
what I choose to manifest for the year...


ingredients: gesso, transfers from my personal photos, paper ephemera, cloth, khadi paper, pencil, pen, acrylic paint, water soluble crayons.





I am working on some larger pieces...
on paper 22 x 30
so don't have much to show right now
but I will be back soon with stitches and marks
to show you...
working with ink..

as always, thanks for stopping by..
grazie!