Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Mixed Media Collage-EXCAVATIONS




Finally..
 gentle readers...

all the work has reached 
the Gallerie and I have it loaded in the shop
for pre sale..




I chose to call
the show EXCAVATIONS because
I noticed
that I had been doing a lot of 
collage
in my art journals..
layering the torn pieces,

chewing on relationship
issues and stressful events...

metaphorically digging by
 ripping and tearing..
to find out what was really at the crux of the 
matters..








As If, Mixed Media Collage,  5 x 7 Caterina Giglio



I used mono prints and painted papers..
old book pages and antique ephemera..





Detail from A Bridge Too Far, Mixed Media Collage, Caterina Giglio




it took me a year and a half to work on this collection
from my 
Ripped and Torn Series..





A Bridge Too Far, Mixed Media Collage, 12 x 12, Caterina Giglio




and just now...
I feel as though I might have a bit of 
understanding about the process..







Caterina Giglio, Two Sides Of The Same Story, 12 x 12 Mixed Media Collage












But there is still so much to learn..
I feel quite humbled by the experience




Detail from Natural Remedy, Caterina Giglio






Caterina Giglio, Natural Remedy, Mixed Media Collage, 8 x 10





EXCAVATIONS


Excavations is an attempt to rip through the layers and sort out the truths...
The center always reveals what has been hiding there all along..
As I rip, tear and study, the dimension 
of the relationship comes clearly into focus..
and 
I am always reminded that harmony 
and congruence is born from
chaos.





Detail from Moonlight, Mixed Media Collage, Caterina Giglio



Caterina Giglio, Moonlight, Mixed Media Collage, 8 x 8




and I have lots of new ideas about paper manipulation...





Caterina Giglio, The Story Teller, Mixed Media Collage, 8 x 8




But when I land back to the studio..
methinks I am headed back to some painting..





Caterina Giglio, Compensation, Mixed Media Collage, 8 x 8




Caterina Giglio, Light Through The Forest, Mixed Media Collage, 8 x 8




This collection took far longer than even portraits..







Detail from The Distance To Harmony, Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media Collage


There was so much to understand..
not just about the application..
the paper and the products..





Caterina Giglio, The Distance To Harmony, Mixed Media Collage, 11x 14




but my emotional process as I worked on each piece
of art..




Caterina Giglio, The Origin Of Hope,  Mixed Media Collage, 11 x 14





Detail from Origin Of Hope, Caterina Giglio



coming to terms in my own heart..
and moving forward in peace..


The Gallerie site lists the prices and details..
as well as a detail of each piece..
and as always, 
I am so very thankful for each one of you..


xox