Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Book Cover Series-Mixed Media Collage






As you know gentle reader,
I have this
 major crush on black and gold..

and so this year I decided to create a 
holiday collection that emphasized that
 color scheme..








and paired them with 
antique botanical prints..










I also hand dyed a large piece of cloth and stitched it 
so that I could cut it up and use it in the backgrounds...









You can see it quite clearly in the background of this piece,
below



Send a Message of Love











There is something so enchanting..



isn't there?






about
repurposing old book covers..
and antique papers..

and it adds a sense of romance
to stitch
 tattered wedding veils..
and discarded petticoat lace..


to elevate not only the mundane, 
but the discarded..
forlorn and forgotten..


resurrection 
is 
beautiful






I will be putting the finishing touches on these 
and then wrapping them up
to ship


to 142 Bis Gallerie..

Because..
yes, 
my dears,

the holiday season is upon us..


See you Friday
for our 50th Vlog post..
and I will give you the answers to the 

5 Top Questions 
that everyone asks me on 
YouTube..


Ciao, ciao!