Friday, December 8, 2017

Le Jardin De Amants-The French Paper Series






Artists
have favorites...

I try not to..

but there it is..

we do have favorites..






Detail of The Essence of Joy, Mixed Media Collage,  Caterina Giglio





and this collection is one of 
those..

favorite....




The Essence of Joy, 8 x 8 Mixed Media Collage, Caterina Giglio





while I love my work..




Detail from Jardin Mosaic, Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio





everything I create,

there are some pieces
that were so effortless to create
and I felt so in tune
when I created it that
I had the feeling
that
I was connected to everyone
and everything..

what inspires me to continue to create,
is that holy union..





Jardin Mosaic, 11 x 14 Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio 


and those works 
stand out...
methinks...




this series has some favorite Italian Collage pieces
 Italian Collage is a form of Chine -Collé.

Chine-collé is a special technique in printmaking, in which the image is transferred to a surface that is bonded to a heavier support in the printing process. One purpose is to allow the printmaker to print on a much more delicate surface, such as Japanese paper or linen, which pulls finer details off the plate.




Vintage Fleur 8 x 8 Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio



However..
Italian Collage, 
which is a what I call
the process that I use to 
press many layers of collage together
using a pasta machine..
and applying lots of gel medium
is very different..





Detail from Vintage Fleur, Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio





Floating, 8 x 8 Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio



Besides using copious amounts of glue..
I am not creating a 
print..
I am simply pressing papers into the substrate...
and the substrate is 
mixed media paper 
or watercolor paper..






Detail from Floating, Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio



It is time consuming and tedious..





#31 Mixed Media Collage, 8 x 8, Caterina Giglio, 



but my favorite part of this collection..





Detail from #31, Caterina Giglio







Detail from Rustica, Caterina Giglio


is the ephemeral quality of the 



Rustica, 8 x 8 Mixed media Collage, Caterina Giglio





the images..
snippets of memory ...




Strolling Paris, 11 x 14 Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio



I tried to capture
the whirl of image..




Le Petite Illustration, Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio





as one saunters past..





Carnaval Fleur, 6 x 6, Mixed Media, Caterina Giglio




store fronts...
and restaurants..




Petite Fleur, 5 x 5, Mixed Media, Caterina Giglio






Deux Fleur, 5 x 5, Mixed Media, Caterina Giglio


and the flowers...




Rouge, 5 x 5, Italian Collage, Caterina Giglio



in each box..
on each table..
bouquets of tiny beauty..
offering themselves
for nothing other than
 pure enjoyment..



My show opens tonight in
Fort Collins, CO
but you can see prices and view the entire collection
using this link

142 Bis Gallerie





Grazie, Grazie!!

xox