Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Mixed Media, Works in Progress






I know you know..

I have never been a fan of sharing my
works in progress..






Mixed media painting and photograph, Caterina Giglio


I suppose it is because
my vision for the piece and what you see, are so very different..


but there are times,
like now...




Photo, Caterina Giglio



when all I have to show for myself 
are a collection of pieces in process..

the photo above I shot of our pool.
right after a rainfall,
and I loved it so much, I decided to paint it








Large Canvas in process, Caterina Giglio



The canvas is large, 36 x 48
and will fit perfectly in my home..
I have a lot of work yet to do on it, 

but, I am excited about it..


and I am still working on a series of portraits of my 
dear friend, Gina St. Brigid 
I finished the small one below 9 x 12 
Mad Gina
which I love, 
both mixed media..




Mixed Media portrait of Gina St. Brigid, by Caterina Giglio





The large piece below is 16 x 20 both on cradled boards

The Rain Makes My Hair Curl..

is almost finished and I plan on doing several more..




Mixed Media portraits of Gina St. Brigid, Caterina Giglio



also in process is a cardboard book..
currently giving me fits..





Turmeric and Onion dyed pages, cardboard book in process, Caterina Giglio



while I adore the signatures (or pages if you are unfamiliar with
bookmaking)
stitching into the cardboard is extremely trying...








Turmeric and avocado dyed pages in cardboard book, Caterina Giglio




but you know me, 
I have already decided that I will do it again, because 
I will conquer it..









Cardboard book in process, Caterina Giglio



I am thoughtfully contemplating my art journal pages 
for this month and I am thinking
I need to use stitches to illustrate
the words below..





Art Journal page in process, Caterina Giglio





on the mixed media table are a few new works..
sneaky peeks..




Tissue Paper butterfly on mixed media, Caterina Giglio



tissue paper butterflies and dragonflies 
and the beginning of an article
for Somerset..

a proposal at least..










So ...
you may not see these for a while..
who knows?







so, there you have it, dear readers..
everything in process...



I cannot even begin to share with
you all the projects in my head and written in my notebooks..

so many ideas, 
I am truly blessed..

and I thank you as 
always
for stopping by..



Ciao, Ciao!