Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Mixed Media, Works in Progress






I know you know..

I have never been a fan of sharing my
works in progress..






Mixed media painting and photograph, Caterina Giglio


I suppose it is because
my vision for the piece and what you see, are so very different..


but there are times,
like now...




Photo, Caterina Giglio



when all I have to show for myself 
are a collection of pieces in process..

the photo above I shot of our pool.
right after a rainfall,
and I loved it so much, I decided to paint it








Large Canvas in process, Caterina Giglio



The canvas is large, 36 x 48
and will fit perfectly in my home..
I have a lot of work yet to do on it, 

but, I am excited about it..


and I am still working on a series of portraits of my 
dear friend, Gina St. Brigid 
I finished the small one below 9 x 12 
Mad Gina
which I love, 
both mixed media..




Mixed Media portrait of Gina St. Brigid, by Caterina Giglio





The large piece below is 16 x 20 both on cradled boards

The Rain Makes My Hair Curl..

is almost finished and I plan on doing several more..




Mixed Media portraits of Gina St. Brigid, Caterina Giglio



also in process is a cardboard book..
currently giving me fits..





Turmeric and Onion dyed pages, cardboard book in process, Caterina Giglio



while I adore the signatures (or pages if you are unfamiliar with
bookmaking)
stitching into the cardboard is extremely trying...








Turmeric and avocado dyed pages in cardboard book, Caterina Giglio




but you know me, 
I have already decided that I will do it again, because 
I will conquer it..









Cardboard book in process, Caterina Giglio



I am thoughtfully contemplating my art journal pages 
for this month and I am thinking
I need to use stitches to illustrate
the words below..





Art Journal page in process, Caterina Giglio





on the mixed media table are a few new works..
sneaky peeks..




Tissue Paper butterfly on mixed media, Caterina Giglio



tissue paper butterflies and dragonflies 
and the beginning of an article
for Somerset..

a proposal at least..










So ...
you may not see these for a while..
who knows?







so, there you have it, dear readers..
everything in process...



I cannot even begin to share with
you all the projects in my head and written in my notebooks..

so many ideas, 
I am truly blessed..

and I thank you as 
always
for stopping by..



Ciao, Ciao!




21 comments:

Donald Digison said...

Busy, busy artist.....can't wait for the finished painting. Love!

Claire said...

I love getting even a small glimpse into your busy head... And I LOVE your friend's portrait - those curls! I am very envious :D
xx

Bonnie Miller said...

What a phenomenal artist you are...and how fortunate is your friend to have such glorious paintings! Your talent blows my mind.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always enjoy works in progress. I think that's a sign of an artist who is busy, but has nothing completed to share. I can't believe how many projects you have going at once. I wouldn't have room for all those in my small craft space.

I love the new painting based on your pool's photo, and your friend's hair. It looks a bit like mine when it rains, except mine is about an inch long. Thanks for sharing these sneaky peeks and updates. Most impressive!

ELFI said...

quelle créativité et force du travail! bises

Dorthe said...

Dear Cat, this was a truly beautiful tour ,this rainy wet morning here.
Love your portraits and the beautiful painting of your pool. And love the ones with the tissue butterflies - so stunning.
Thank you for the sneak peek into your many creations on their way to be finished . xoxo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You certainly do have a lot going on. And all so lovely. Loving that curly hair. I've got so much I want to do, but I don't nearly get as much done as I do thinking about it. :) Happy Wednesday.

Seth said...

Even of these pieces are not complete, they are still inspirational and a bit of a window into your process. Thanks for sharing all the beauty!

A bird in the hand said...

The artist's life is one long process ;) Love love love the paintings. xxx

Randi Kuhne said...

Love the works in progress! And there are so many of them! You amaze and inspire me!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Sweetie, thank you so much!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Claire! Oh gosh, you would not want to hang out in that whirlwind!! So happy you like the Gina portraits, I adore her curls too.. just gorgeous! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Bonnie, thank you so much that is such a kind thing to say. I asked Gina for the right to paint her, and I am hoping to have a show once I have a large collection of work. Portraits take a considerable amount of time.. and lots of work. Thanks for stopping by!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dr. E! Well my studio is only about 12' x 13' but I made sure to have 5 different work spaces because I have to move from one idea to another, working on just one thing creates boredom and I am much more productive if I have a variety of work to play with. So glad you like to new paintings, I am hoping to get back to work on them next week. Your hair must look like a beautiful curly halo then!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Elfi!! Merci, Merci! Merci beaucoup!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dorthe, I am so happy you enjoyed the tour around my studio, looking at all the unfinished works! I am so grateful to you for your kind comments and visits! Thank you dear one!! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Tammy, thank you so much, I know everyone is in love with her hair! Me too! Believe me, there is so much I want to do and I never feel I get as much done as I want to!! I understand!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hey Seth, thank you, so pleased you like the Wips and I so appreciate your comments, you are such a busy guy!! Thank you.. ;- )

Caterina Giglio said...

Colette, that means so much to me! Thank you and you are so right, we are always in process!! great way to look at it!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Randi, thank you! So glad you liked them on the blog, you get to see the madness up close!! x

Carolyne said...

Hi....
i really love your videos....so inspiring and so generous of you to share so much of your processes. i love eco dyeing and have been doing it for a few years but predominantly on fabric. recently i've become more interested in working with paper and wondered what kind of paper you use in your dye pots that doesn't disintegrate over time spent in water also being boiled.
thank you so much.
carolyne