Thursday, December 15, 2016

Eco Dyed Collage





Each summer...
I work on my submission
for
Sew Somerset
knowing that if the work is chosen










for publication, 
it will be published 
December 1

when... let's face it, no matter what holiday
you celebrate,








there will be festivity in the air..
and busyness buzzing
everywhere...








so
I was inspired by two things when I created
these eco dyed collages..







the black bean bath that soaked a kitchen towel
and the antique angels from
from a tattered print..










The pale blue shade of the black bean dye bath
reminded me of some









antique cover papers in an old
set of books that I have been
squirreling away..
















they were lovely..






with a tiny blue, green and gold floral pattern..






and such a shame 
not to be able to see them...
so I used them as my substrates ...










details, details, details...
it is always about the details..








Once again I am in great company
with
three talented artists who are blog friends:


If you stop by to see them, 
do tell them I sent you..







and as always...
I am
especially grateful to 
Stampington
and Sew Somerset 

for publishing my work
and providing me with a teaching platform...


xo 





8 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

This series is sumptious. Thank you, Catarina. xx

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Pretty, I saw these in the new issue! Merry making. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you dear Colette! Your work is so stunning! xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Corrine, thank you, it is a great issue!! xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I saw "eco-dyeing" I couldn't get here fast enough. Your black bean dye was far superior to mine. The black beans I used with alum (mordant) were better than the ones I didn't add the mordant to. But still, yours was truly fantastic.

I'm always in awe of your art, and really LOVE the pieces you created this time. They are superb.

ELFI said...

toujours aussi créative!j'ai beaucoup de tes billets en retard...je rattrape bientôt! un petit salut d'europe..biz

Dorthe said...

They are amazingly beautiful, dear Cat, so love the old images of angels, and your golden details on each o f them. So adorable with the transparent tulles and fabrics. And then I`m so happy, that I today received the magazine, and look forward till this evening to look through it with excitement and dévotion , seeing yours, and other friends, beautiful creations.
Hugs, Dorthe

Fiona Dempster said...

Congratulations on the publication Cat - and yes, loving those details!

Follow by Email