Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monoprinting




ciao!


some studio days
are very productive..

even though












I never finish a piece of work...






some days
are all about creating elements







 to use 
in my work...















just making a stash of beautiful papers...









to rip up or use whole in
a collage or a painting...





and while I don't really have anything finished..


it still feels great to have 
some awesome images to use...



The plate and the print above..




monoprinting
creates basically one print..
from a plate..









in this case I used
 cardboard covered with tin foil..
non stick, for those inquiring minds out there...







to serve as my plate





and I covered them with acrylic paints








using both a pencil and a feather quill
to subtract the paint and 
write and indent on the 
tin plate







and I used a lot of brown kraft paper
for the first go around..









and finished with







antique book pages..

What I love about monoprinting 
is that each print is unique 
and totally different..
and you never know what you have until you
lift the print..


Next week I will have 
a quick post before we leave on our 
great adventure..

thank you as always for 
stopping by,
leaving your comments..
and lurking lovingly..

here at the sweet life..


xo







20 comments:

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Delish richness to your monoprints. xox

Randi Kuhne said...

I love your monoprinting setup!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like studio days like this one...full of promise, full of potential. It is all a mystery right now but what a delight when the perfect moment arrives when things just 'fit' so well...enjoy!

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

How I would wish to study you as you monoprint. This post has me enthralled and I completely relate to art time where there is no completed project, it is about working on elements. I savour those times, where time passes without my knowledge, Golden Hours.
Wishes
Lynne

Jo Murray said...

It's all about the process isn't it. Love the papers that you have made for your stash. Havea great adventure.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...


AH! Another way to monoprint. I am not itching to get in the studio and create some of these, too. This looks like so much fun, and I agree that each one is totally unique. Yours look fantastic.

Have a great trip! But before that, I'll see you next week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That should have read NOW itching, not NOT itching. Amazing what one little letter does to completely change the concept.

Cheryl said...

I love play days. I love going thru my paper stash for stuff to use in my journal. Lately I've been loving my gelli plate.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Oh, what fun - I just love monoprinting! You've got a lot of great stuff going on here; can't wait to see what you do with them!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hey corrine, thank you, glad you liked them! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Randi! easy cheap and fun!

Caterina Giglio said...

I agree, Mary Ann, plus it gets the creativity whirling, doesn't it?

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Lynne, hold that thought, I am working on shooting videos.. thanks and I agree, making elements is highly underrated!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E, yes, I thought that was what you meant, and you will love it, so easy and cheap, right up our alley!! plus who doesn't have those materials.. cannot wait to see what your prints look like! See you on Tuesday! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Yes, Jo, I agree it certainly is about the process and thanks I like them too!

Caterina Giglio said...

I have used a gelli plate too, Cheryl and I like it, but I prefer cardboard, it will take more abuse!! LOL thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I so appreciate that! :)

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Sharmon, I am playing with them today!! xo

Anna said...

These look awesome and fun to make. Makes me want to get out my paints and play (too bad I'm at work).

Dorthe said...

Cat, they are gorgeous, and so wonderful, all.
I love the prints, so special with the feather pen writing and your colors so beautiful. I need to take out my plate, and give it a try very soon. The tin plate you made, sounds like something fun, too- and I can read you prefer the cardboard to print with, I never tried that !!!
Wonderful hours spend, I`m sure, my dear friend, such stunning results !!
Hugs from Dorthe xxoo

Irene Rafael said...

Oh what fun! Pulling up the paper from the ink for the first viewing always gets my heart racing. Have a wonderful adventure!