Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monoprinting




ciao!


some studio days
are very productive..

even though












I never finish a piece of work...






some days
are all about creating elements







 to use 
in my work...















just making a stash of beautiful papers...









to rip up or use whole in
a collage or a painting...





and while I don't really have anything finished..


it still feels great to have 
some awesome images to use...



The plate and the print above..




monoprinting
creates basically one print..
from a plate..









in this case I used
 cardboard covered with tin foil..
non stick, for those inquiring minds out there...







to serve as my plate





and I covered them with acrylic paints








using both a pencil and a feather quill
to subtract the paint and 
write and indent on the 
tin plate







and I used a lot of brown kraft paper
for the first go around..









and finished with







antique book pages..

What I love about monoprinting 
is that each print is unique 
and totally different..
and you never know what you have until you
lift the print..


Next week I will have 
a quick post before we leave on our 
great adventure..

thank you as always for 
stopping by,
leaving your comments..
and lurking lovingly..

here at the sweet life..


xo