Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Garden Concertinas




What a lovely post
day...


 to find
my 
mini
Garden Concertinas
back from their visit to 



Poetique (Sunflowers), Fleurs, Books on Gardening, mini concertinas, Caterina Giglio 


the
Stampington
offices in California...


in case you have not see the latest issue of 
Sew Somerset...



Back cover of Fleurs


I wanted to share my books 

with you all..
dear readers..





front cover of Fleurs, mini concertina



in the article I share the techniques 
I used to make my ribbon hinged books..




The inside of Poetique (Sunflowers) the inside reads, Sunflowers...




as always, I am grateful to 
have a platform to teach others
to stretch out 
creatively...



The back and front cover of the mini concertina, Poetique 




The substrate is 
heavy watercolor paper,
papered with antique French book pages
and sanded back and then painted...






the floral drawings are
all hand sketched with pen and ink
on 
tracing paper
to allow the background to come through..






peeking inside a garden...






 to find a treasure...



Inside view of Books on Gardening






"I have a garden all my own, but so with roses overgrown... 
that you might deem it such mess, but truly it's my
wilderness"
anon





it is always nice to have finished work to share with you...

in the studio
I am working on
my Carte Postale Series
that will
be 
featured 
this winter
at 142 Bis Gallerie..

and I have a few other things 
in process
including 
July Art Journal pages..

and I will be back next week..
on Tuesday
as usual..
until then...

ciao, ciao!