Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Garden Concertinas




What a lovely post
day...


 to find
my 
mini
Garden Concertinas
back from their visit to 



Poetique (Sunflowers), Fleurs, Books on Gardening, mini concertinas, Caterina Giglio 


the
Stampington
offices in California...


in case you have not see the latest issue of 
Sew Somerset...



Back cover of Fleurs


I wanted to share my books 

with you all..
dear readers..





front cover of Fleurs, mini concertina



in the article I share the techniques 
I used to make my ribbon hinged books..




The inside of Poetique (Sunflowers) the inside reads, Sunflowers...




as always, I am grateful to 
have a platform to teach others
to stretch out 
creatively...



The back and front cover of the mini concertina, Poetique 




The substrate is 
heavy watercolor paper,
papered with antique French book pages
and sanded back and then painted...






the floral drawings are
all hand sketched with pen and ink
on 
tracing paper
to allow the background to come through..






peeking inside a garden...






 to find a treasure...



Inside view of Books on Gardening






"I have a garden all my own, but so with roses overgrown... 
that you might deem it such mess, but truly it's my
wilderness"
anon





it is always nice to have finished work to share with you...

in the studio
I am working on
my Carte Postale Series
that will
be 
featured 
this winter
at 142 Bis Gallerie..

and I have a few other things 
in process
including 
July Art Journal pages..

and I will be back next week..
on Tuesday
as usual..
until then...

ciao, ciao!


16 comments:

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Lovely article, nice to have them back though! xox

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely. We don't get such magazines here, but will be in the States in a week and a half and look forward to visiting some bookstores. :)

elenor said...

THANK you, for sharing your lovely work and telling how you made it. I'm new here, found you via pinterest and wanted to tell you, that I'm totally in awe of your art. I also don't get magazines like that you mentioned here in the EU so I'm even more thankful for your your sharings here on your blog. So much inspiration and eye candy.

bockel24 said...

beautiful, poetic, just wonderful!

Sharmon Davidson said...

I love how you photographed these lovely flower books with flowers. These little books are so special; I really like the way they're made, too - they fold up so nicely!

Kim Henkel said...

Oh so beautiful. Flowers and drawings of flowers are such a delight.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, I'm very late visiting. This is a very impressive post and I love both the art and the lovely photos you included. I look forward to seeing the article, because you know how much I love your sewn books. These are just wonderful.

Pamela Gerard said...

Those are REAL beauties -- thanks for letting us see. Now if only I could see them in person.......but at least your blog is the next best thing to being there. Beautiful work.

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Corrine, yes it is nice to have them fly home!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Tammy nice that you will be in the states soon, I hope you get to check it out, and have lovely safe travels! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Elenor,
So nice to know that you came to the blog through Pinterest... I always wonder how many people find their way here from there! Thanks for the very kind remarks, and I hope you come back often to visit!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you so much Bockel24, I so appreciate that and thanks for stopping by!

Caterina Giglio said...

Sharmon, it is the hinges.. the ribbon makes them fold smoothly and they are so fun to make, think I am done for a while though!!
:D

Caterina Giglio said...

Kim, we speak the same language! :D

Caterina Giglio said...

Pamela, I would love to show them to you, anytime!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E, I got my comments out of order, I am afraid, but I know you will understand!! I am so glad you like the little books, they are my favorites and the Garden Concertina's were a labor of love, thank you dear heart!! x