Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Gardening and Concertinas






Gardening in Florida
has been
nothing but
challenging
for me...






The tropicals all died the first year


in the cold...
and so I decided to go with hardier plants..
plants that I knew could tolerate
some chilly weather





The Mexican petunias above are like weeds
and invasive but they are so pretty... 
so I planted them in the pool cage

and in pots where they cannot escape and 
take over the world...


My Veggie garden was almost a complete failure..
my herbs grew well.. but we have very
different seasons here and I would have to 
make raised beds due to the sand, so I am not in a hurry to 
conquer that right now...

but as you know...






Gardens and flowers are always on my mind...
So I created
some concertinas
for the summer issue of 
Sew Somerset...


which will be available 
soon

I just received my copy in the mail
which made my day...









The article includes the instructions to make
my little books..
and thoughts on peering through the garden
to find a treasure ..

to uncover the hidden beauty that lies
just beyond our sight....

and if that wasn't nice enough...
I learned that 
two of my art journal spreads in my


Antique Record Journal 








will be featured 
in Somerset Apprentice...

you can go here to
see the spreads and try to figure out which pages
they chose...











and so I have had some success
with gardening








and as you can see
they seem to like it here...








 Ciao for now
gentle reader..


xo