Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Collage and Decollage





Work
in the studio
is sometimes a slow process...







I have been toying with
decollage lately..
in between







other projects...

for those of you who are not artists..
decollage is the opposite of collage..








decollage is achieved by cutting, tearing and removing 
collage bits to create something new...


peeled layers revealing print..
 straining to listen in on the conversation..
what would it say? what secrets are revealed?
the layers are so intriguing..




a perfect example of collage and decollage is the
unfinished piece below...


Decollage and collage piece, WIP, Caterina Giglio

and although I have no finished pieces...











to share with you yet...





some of the details are fun...




Besides that, I am
also working on some stacked collage 
below..







such busy days in the studio for me right now...
April pages are almost finished..
and I am working on my winter submission
for Sew Somerset...

AND...
 I have submitted my art book
the little concertina
to the gallery in Canada..

keep your fingers crossed for me..


you will be the first to know...
as always, thank you gentle reader...




C4N!


23 comments:

Gail Pierce said...

I do love seeing what others are in the process of doing, sometimes that's more inspiring than a finished piece. As usual, stellar post! xo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I'm loving the corner bit of red stamps and polka dots...will await the reveal!!

lana kloch said...

you also add something knew to my repertoire .. now it is decollate.. how exciting....

thanks for taking us through the steps and i cannot wait for the reveal..

loving your journey so far..

love,

lana cano kloch

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I personally think decollage is difficult, but you make it look effortless. I am super impressed with the beautiful sneak peeks you have given us, and I see bits of thread sneaking out from under some layers of collage, too. So exciting!

Dorthe said...

Dear Cat, first ,yes I cross my fingers for your little book ,to be welcomed in the gallery , so exiting for you.
And then I am in love with your different stacks of collages/decollages , ..each and every one, has its own "something" making me interested ,to see the finished result.
The red dot one, the found old piece of wood onto the threads and fabric ...the wonderful bird stack ....all makes my interest fly to see more.
Happy work Cat!!
Dorthe, XO

Pamela Gerard said...

(This is my second attempt at commenting). I LOVE the red postage stamps and polka dots too. If corse I would since those are two things i love. And I love seeing your work in progress -- thank you for sharing. It looks wonderful.

layers said...

interesting new process... all looks wonderful.

beverley shiller said...

Stunning as usual!! So inspiring, thank you!!

Sharmon Davidson said...

You've really got a lot of good stuff going on here! I have been doing a lot of decollage myself, so much that I have a callus on my finger from rubbing the layers of paper off! That piece with the tree looks amazing; can't wait to see the finished product!

Valerianna said...

That's an interesting idea - decollage.

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Another great series in the works. Always so careful in composition. Lovely. xox

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Thanks for the peeps! I can only imagine the broader images.... -ox

Caterina Giglio said...

Ah, Gail, thank you, so glad you liked my WIP post!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, you know I am not a "red" person... not even at holiday, but the little tile IS intriguing..

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Lana, so glad I could toss a new term your way, hope you enjoy the process... thanks always for your wonderful input and kind comments, much love... xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh E, you are so dear, thank you, glad you like the WIPs and hope you find them equally good upon completion!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dorthe, yes thank you for prayers, that would be so nice to have my little book chosen, we shall see... and glad you liked all the little details... my favorites too!! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hey Pamela, so sorry you were having trouble commenting..:( I KNEW you would like the antique stamps... so happy you enjoyed the post, thank you!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Donna, thank you and thanks for stopping by...

Caterina Giglio said...

Ha, Sharmon, I turned to using an old white rag to rub with, it saves the finger!! :D

Caterina Giglio said...

Val, honestly.... I did not invent it!! LOL... xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you Corrine, I so appreciate that! xoxo
ps... hope you are feeling better!! :D

Caterina Giglio said...

Jayne, thank you so much!! xo