Follow by Email

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Journal Pages in the Pink..





Its' a heart thing..
In my family...

For example,
I had Rheumatic Fever when I was 6 years old,
I missed the entire second semester of first grade.. and 
It left me with a heart murmur..
My Father and my Uncle both died of congestive heart failure..
My sweet Auntie has been challenged with several heart issues..
My dear cousin is right now recovering from
open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic..
and sadly..
my brother died of a self inflicted
gunshot to the heart...









so the symbol of the heart, to me is more spiritual than romantic..

it represents ...
life flowing joyfully
and 
in great 
love...






If you have followed
my blog for any length of time,
dear reader,
then you know
that 



each February
I write myself a love letter..
I approach Valentines day with the understanding that the more I increase my self love,
the more joy will flow into my life...

and 
the happier I will be..








Pink...
makes me uneasy..
I will say it,

 not my first color choice..
EVER

Seriously ...
if you know me, then you know I would be happy in 
Goth black everyday of the week..
and like Zuckerberg, I would wear the same thing each day..

so I am stretching here..
going deeper and farther ..
and THAT
 is a good thing..





ingredients: gesso, acrylic paint, pencil, pen and ink, paper ephemera, paint pens, thread, glimmer mist.. 




If you would like to see
my love letter last year
and previous letters...

click the link below...



See you next Tuesday...

xo


21 comments:

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

And you are the most heart centered artist I know. Love that challenge of you delving in to pink and your heart on your sleeve so to speak. xox

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful examples of heart...love and as you said love of Spirit. The symbol speaks to each of us in so many ways and good for you mixing it all up with a not so favorite color...sometimes this life takes courage.

Miss Iowa said...

You are so right! I just saw a quote somewhere to the effect, "We must first show love to ourselves, so that others can see how it should be done." Your pages are lovely and I think it's just the right amount of pink.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Pink is my least favorite color, yet I seem to grab it all the time. I have NO idea why, either, other than I bought a lot of pink acrylic paint awhile back. But YOUR pink is subtle and calm. It is beautiful and just perfect for your February letter to yourself. I simply adore the hearts, and the way you layered them. I agree with Corrine. You have a huge and generous heart. It shows in your words and your art. I'm blessed to know you.

Kim Printz said...

Beautiful:) Words and art, both. Thank you.

Pamela Gerard said...

How lovely - the art hearts and the story. You have courage, friend and create beauty.

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Des mots artistiques, une oeuvre qui en dit long...

Gros bisous ♡

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty -- pinks not my color either, yet when I've worn a pale shade of it, I get compliments. It's a heart thing with me, too. I've collected hearts for years. My dad's side of the family ALL have heart problems and all of his brothers and sisters, except one, have died from heart related problems. I'm hoping that my lifestyle and dietary changes over the last 10 years will improve my chances of staying healthy for a long time. Happy March!

A Littel Bird Said said...

What a lovely post, heartfelt emotion. The passing of loved ones is always a sad cross to bear, but by expressing oneself it turns the rawness to purity.
Andrea

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh, Corrine, that is such a kind thing to say! Thank you such a great compliment... I thought you might like the pink... heart on sleeves... oh yes! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

You are so right, Mary Ann, it does take courage and the symbol speaks to us all in many ways.. thank you!

Caterina Giglio said...

Miss Iowa, I love that quote, thank you so much and for your visit!

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh E! you make me all misty, thank you so very much! I so appreciate your kind compliment! So we share the "uneasiness OF pink" good to know! :D x

Caterina Giglio said...

Kim! Thank you so very much!!!

Dorthe said...

Such most beautiful pages ,dear Cat, ...so many sad circumstances, laying behind your speak of hearts.
How very strong and fearless a heart, needs to go hand in hand ,with all the sadness,- to live on and feel happy and even happier on the road !!
Your hearts created are stunning, and making me happy , watching them---and I love pink ,lol. It suits my soul, just not too strong and screaming !!
Dear Cat, thank you for this in every way beautiful post !
Hug and kiss from Dorthe

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you Pamela! I so appreciate that kind remark!

Caterina Giglio said...

Merci! Merci! Martin Alison... :D

Caterina Giglio said...

Tammy, like you, I have gone the healthy route, a health nut, and walk 3miles a day... It certainly helps, thanks for stopping by! xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you little bird! I appreciate your visit!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dorthe!
I know you like pink and I was thinking that you would like this post... Yes it does take a strong heart to go on, and I believe that being happy for no reason is truly a key component ... no one can take that away.. thanks for being such a great friend! xoxo

Anna said...

What a beautiful post! I love that you write a love letter to yourself each year. Your heart art is beautiful and bravo to you for stretching to include pink!

...and I can relate in so many ways, as I too had rheumatic fever when I was in first grade and it left me with a heart murmur. Both my father and mother have heart issues with my mom having many life saving surgeries. During one surgery, we almost lost her, with them having to shock her 17 times over several hours. I will be forever grateful to those doctors and nurses who wouldn't give up!