Monday, August 3, 2015

July Pages







Each month,
I start art journaling by writing...
you can see my scribbles on the paper
in the top left corner... 

this month I actually glued a layer of
newsprint to the page...





and I always think that 
I know exactly where the 
page is going 
by what is happening in my life...











and then...
somewhere 
mid month
all chaos breaks loose...








and things
just seem to find their way onto the page...







maps and layers and torn shreds
all working together in some fashion...

I was trying to find my own way
this month, hence the maps...


ingredients: newsprint substrate, pencil, tissue paper, parchment papers, stencils, wrapping paper, acrylic paint




and I did...

find my way...
it just looks different than I thought it would..

but isn't that sometimes the way it is...
dear reader?



Happy August..


C4N...


19 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Always the way. I feel sea and sand in your ethereal lightness this month. Off to a workshop tomorrow. Looking forward to some meditation time. Xox

suziqu's thread works said...

Layers of paper softness folding like rolling waves!
Simply beautiful Cat!

Dorthe said...

Beautiful, layers of golden sun shining on the beach, and blue sea, giving a feeling of waves breaking in the sun when reaching the coast with little whitecaps in blue and white ,so very beautiful, dearest Caterina . Love the written pieces, and your own writing on top !!
Hugs, Dorthe

Jo Murray said...

I love the subtlety of the palette, and the softness and subtlety of your choice of papers.

Caterina Giglio said...

Hey Corrine, hope your workshop went well and you got lots of meditation in... yes, sandy surf for sure.. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you Suzi, I think so too! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you dear Dorthe, white caps ... most definitely!! and lots of writing snippets all over!! Muah! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Jo, I am in love with parchment papers and methinks I will be using them some more!!

layers said...

Yes, one must go with the 'flow'... and let the process lead us to where we end up...and sometimes it is not where we thought we would end up... but a new idea pops up... ideas can only come from working in the process... what a journey!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Layers upon layers...beautiful edges, writing and fading color. Glad you found your way...Happy August!

~*~Patty S said...

Yes indeed!
I am so drawn to all of your yummy papers dear Cat along with how beautifully they found their way onto your journal pages.
I really am a paper hound :-)
Happy August Dear One
oxo

Seth said...

The layering in this spread is so compelling!

Zom Osborne said...

I want to gently touch it. The pages are gentleness itself.

Caterina Giglio said...

Donna, that is so true... Thank you!

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, thank you I am glad too...

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Patty! Yes, I know you are a paper hound, takes one to know one right? It just doesn't look the way I envisioned it at all, guess I should give up on the vision!! LOL xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Seth, thank you, it is growing on me...

Caterina Giglio said...

Zom, that is the first thing I did... I touched it and stroked the layers...

Sharmon Davidson said...

That is definitely the way it is... I just love looking at these, with all those layers and different materials... gorgeous!

Follow by Email