Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

April and May Art Journal Pages





As I write this, 
I am working on June pages...







and starting my July entries...

travel takes up a lot of time these days...
but I am devoted to my journal work...

in April it was all about me, 
my goals and dreams and desires...



ingredients: black gesso, china marker, paper ephemera, pencil, tissue paper, thread, colored pencil, acrylic paint






May was unforgettable....
we journeyed to Europe...

and there was a flow to everything...















Lots of layers in the pages, 
because, there were so many layers to be
savored abroad...







ingredients: transfer on paper, colored pencil, personal photos, acrylic paint, pencil, pen, Italian collage, paper ephemera, Art Graf watercolor graphite



as always,
I am most grateful for your kind readership...
 & I am so blessed by your
support...




xo

15 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's lovely when there is a flow to your days so that creating comes easily. I'm glad May was good to you. June sure has been a heck of a month. I hope July will be better. Best wishes, Tammy

Caramella said...

Nice memories!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Both your April and May journal entries are wonderful. I like that you used black for the April background. It made the words seem to pop, even if only YOU know what they are/were. Bit I disagree. I don't think you are weird at all.

Of course, your trip to Europe had to take center stage in May. And I like how you showed the flow of things, including life. Wonderful art.

Lisa DiNunzio said...

thank you for sharing these journal pages...
one of my favorite things is looking in
other's journals. the chunky travel journal too!
you
amaze!
xoxox

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Your European tour was just a delight to view. Love your pages and your words...weird is good. xox

Dorthe said...

YES, weird is good ,as Corrine also say ,lol- and your pages are gorgeous, Caterina, love how you made the -flow- show on the page, and how you made it look cracked or like tiles !!
The other spread i s fantastic with the black with white writing background, and maybe....sweet little you, hidden behind the story and the time which "dissapears" from day till day !!
Hugs to you,
Dorthe, xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you, Caramella!! grazie!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Ah, E, yes, I a weird, though I am sure it is a GOOD weirdness... or I wouldn't be able to create journal pages that are so very dissimilar!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Would love to sit with you Lisa as you looked through all my journals, of course we would have wine and nibbles and we could share stories... xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Corrine, somehow I knew you would get the word ... weird... and yes it is... good!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Dorthe, yes it is me... with my head ripped off of course, but pink lips... and the flow is a transfer of the tiled plaza in Lisbon, so glad you liked it, and thank you dear heart! I so appreciate your kind remarks! xoxo

Seth said...

I do love your color palette. It is so...you!

Caterina Giglio said...

Seth, you know how I love monochroma... grin..

Sharmon Davidson said...

Both of these are wonderful, Cat! I'm particularly in love with that last page - you can almost feel the layers of history in it. Beautiful!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Lovely...I especially like your April pages as you look to yourself for next steps and of course, your travels in May!