Follow by Email

Saturday, December 20, 2014

An Artist's idea of Peace



can it really be that time again?

gentle reader...


I was really unprepared for the holidays..

which is so not like me...
everyone will tell you that 

 procrastination is not a part of my 
chemistry..



My Camellia's finally bloomed, bringing some holiday cheer.. they represent Unpretending excellence...


but there was so much to do this year
and so I released some of the things that I usually
handle
to make room for new experiences..
and open to new possibilities...

the holidays are designed to make us
stop
and 
think 








listen...
ponder..
reflect...





Our tree a symbol of regeneration and the eternality of life... white, gold and crystal this year..


when I was a young woman
I prayed for peace..

now that I am old.. er

I know that that will never happen,
because my idea of peace is different from your idea of peace..
or anyone else..



we all have a right to our own version of peace..



Our Christmas Cactus seems to like Florida.. we have never seen it bloom on all branches before!



now...
I pray for peace.. 







in my own heart...





One of our treasured displays, Hummel Creche... about 30 years old now



and some days that is easier than others...








Keeping the love of the light in our hearts our solstice candle with aromatherapy..



to be at peace 

in a world 
that is at war..

  




Colored pencil, Caterina Giglio


at peace with

my country..
knowing that
torture is unacceptable..
and gun violence is inexcusable

or that our democracy is dead..

as I said, 
some days it is easier...







Detail of Christmas Eve, colored pencil on pastel paper, Caterina Giglio

but what I understand

now

is that it starts here 
with me in my own tiny heart..

it begins with the seed 
of forgiveness
watered each and every day..














because forgiveness is not only 
self care, 
and self love..

but it's restoration of my power..



Happy Chanukah
Merry Christmas
Happy Kwanza
Blessed Solstice

 I will be back after
the 
 New Year

wishing all my family
Buon Natale...

xo













23 comments:

Rella said...

Truly a thoughtful and beautiful post, my friend. Xo Rella

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautifully written Caterina. I too pray for my own peace hoping it will help others to find their own comfort. Right now I'm disappointed in this world but still I pray for peace.
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year!
Beautiful photos and drawing.

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you, Rella, dear! Xo

lynne h said...

cat, i agree with rella... i send you love and gratitude as we near the solstice. i'll be keeping my focus on the Love and Beauty of nature!

xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

thanks for the reminder, lynne dear!! happy solstice to you... xoxo

Marie Danti said...

Bravo Cat! You made me cry with your beautifully written thoughts. I'm with you...peace in me! Something to shoot for like aiming for the north star. Lately I'm envisioning a vigil light in my heart...a consoling practice, trying to keep it lit...

audrey said...

Even back in High School I prayed for peace ~ I had so much fear of what Kruschev would do. And here I am many years later still praying for peace ~ so much unrest in the world. The Christmas Season has always given me a feeling of peace. I look forward to that. A beautiful post, Cat.
Have a Blessed Merry Christmas! xo

Sharmon Davidson said...

So true, Cat, what you say here about our country, and also about finding peace in our own hearts...A blessed solstice and happy holidays to you... xox

Seth said...

A truly thought provoking post...in the best way. Thank you Cat for your beautiful words and images.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Have a beautiful Christmas in Florida. Each day we put out the good from out souls is a day we make the world a better place. You do that always. xox

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely thoughts, Cat, and oh so true. Peace starts with us. One person at a time. And releasing what we can't control is a wonderful thing. Blessings for the holidays, Tammy

Caterina Giglio said...

Marie, thank you, I am glad my little thoughts touched your heart... and I like your idea of a vigil light in your heart,,, beautiful idea and visualization!

Caterina Giglio said...

So glad you liked the post Audrey, sending you and yours, that precious little Jake a warm holiday greeting! x

Caterina Giglio said...

oh, Sharmon, thank you, I hesitated before I hit publish, but then I decided that if it is truly what is in my heart, then why keep quiet? It was my journaling topic, so I will have to share it eventually!! Happiest Holiday greetings to you and yours!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Seth, thank you so much... Sending you warm holiday greetings to you and your family! Here's to a prosperous and creative New Year!

Dorthe said...

This is such a beautiful post dear Caterina, I love all the "looks" into your home, so warm and inviting dear friend.
Have a Wonderful , Merry Christmas in your new home.
Hugs from Dorthe

Chris Gray said...

Our hearts must travel on the same path lovely lady...

See you for the onward journey next year...

x C

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Dorthe, would love to have you come over for a cup of tea! Sending you the very merriest greetings for the holiday season! xoxox

Caterina Giglio said...

I kinda figured that our hearts travel together, Chris! Looking forward to the New Year!! Richest Blessings!

Carol said...

Came here from Seth's blog and so glad I did. This is beautiful both visually and emotionally. Peace be with you.

Caterina Giglio said...

Carol, thank you for stopping by, so nice to meet up with you here! So glad you liked the post. Sending peace back to you..

Jo Murray said...

So beautifully said. A thought-provoking post. May you have a peaceful, but productive, 2015

Caterina Giglio said...

Jo, thank you so much, sending you the same thoughts for the New Year! ciao, bella!