Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ruffled edges







when we have a permanent home..
dear reader..
there will be 
organization in the studio...





there will be filing cabinets..
where images and photo copies will live...
and plastic boxes with labels on the side that read... HANDMADE PAPER,
ANTIQUE IMAGES  and PATTERNS AND MARKS...

but for now
I contend with a couple of small boxes and the bricolage on
my table to use for collage...





Are the Stars out Tonight?  6 x 6 on 11 x 14 Bristol Board



you know I cannot keep my hands out of the paper stash...
and it seems away from the thread... and needle...










why not stitch up the tears in the paper with a little thread?






I have been using a couple of old books
imagining who read those books and what thoughts they had
while reading...

as I place the papers and use archival glue, I hope that my work
lasts as long... as the books with marginal notes and
and dog eared pages...




Stitching up the Sky, 6 x 6 on 11 x 14 Bristol board


I am in love with Bristol board again...
not that I don't love Khadi paper, I do.. but Bristol will really take a beating..
and only curls slightly...
a definite plus when working with different media..






I have also been experimenting with ironing 
work to make it lie flat...




Ruffled Edges, 6 x 6 on 11x 14 Bristol Board


warm and steamy has the best effect...
between cloth of course..







Martha M. Wood  owned this book ... the works of Coleridge
it was a gift from James.. in 1895..

we are so connected to the book, to the paper, to the stories, to the relationships...
our lives are made of papers..






and as I ponder them, I put the stories of my life 
onto paper, and stitch the sky together again...







and wonder if it is possible to feel even more love than I do...






I am also working on my journal pages...
stitching more stories together and hope to have them for you on Friday..

but we will see...
anything can happen in the studio..




ciao!