Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

a little southern snow...






well dear readers...
I am drinking Numi Green Jasmine tea
and writing this
post
in the toasty studio...




the view out the window this morning... just a bit frosty...



where I am working on my 
January art journal pages...
and finishing my Grey Waters pieces...

We had quite the storm last night...
really scary for Southern VA...
Big wind and a few inches of snow...

which pretty much stops the whole city...





at the front door

Tomorrow is my
61st birthday... and I am going to take a few days
off to play and celebrate...
so I wanted to leave you with a post...
for the weekend...








hoping that your weather is far warmer
than ours...
though, I must admit, I cannot complain...
the first snow we have seen since last year in Michigan...
and with any luck, the sun
will melt is shortly...





tiny drifts on the back patio... I wrapped the chairs in large trash bags...




but I cannot help of dreaming about
magnolias, camellias and crepe myrtles
all blooming soon...

and I got my Seeds of Change
catalogue in the mail yesterday...
so I can dream up
my new garden
once we are finally
settled...


ciao, ciao!



13 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Happy Birthday Caterina ... enjoy these next few days of celebration and best wishes and dreams for your Spring garden!

Jo Murray said...

Many Happy Returns of the day Caterina. It is VERY warm here the past few days. We have been swimming twice a day, and spending lots of time under the fan with cold drinks.

Marilyn J. Rock said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your celebrations. Great photos here. We are in the arctic blast as well. xo

Linda said...

Hello Cat....I hope you're having a marvellous birthday!
I, too, am dreaming of Spring. I do bud and bulb checks in the garden every day :-)
XXX

Dorthe said...

Congratulations today, dear Caterina, and a huge hug from me on your birthday!!
Your photoes are beautiful, the snow so white and magic, but we all know that in a few dayes it will turn grey/dirty and not look lovely atall, so I hope with you, that the sun will soon melt it away!
Wishing you a beautiful and happy weekend,- with celebrating your 61 years !(I`m 64 ! )
HURRAH from Dorthe,-xx

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Enjoy your birthday, have a wonderful time....Yes, at least it was not a Michigan snow! xox

Chris Gray said...

Happy, happy birthday!!

Have lots of fun...

...and spoil yourself a bit!

X. C

Gaby Bee said...

I am sorry I missed your birthday, Cat! Hope you had a wonderful day -
a belated happy birthday to you!!!

Sending big hugs your way!
Gaby

Priti.Lisa said...

Happy Birthday...I am sorry to be late, I miss so many things these days...but as I play catch-up, I am in wonder of you...so fabulous to see your water~your paintings and photos~remembering that warmer months will come.
♥ ♥ ♥

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Everyone...
I have been out celebrating of course... and thank you all for your very kind birthday wishes! I am having a lovely birthday.. Mr. LDV is spoiling me .. so nice to be pampered and loved..
I will be back next week with January pages, a new self portrait...
xox

Marie Danti said...

Lovely photos of the snow in the neighborhood. Our weekend will be in the fifties, good for a long walk.
Thinking of you and your bday weekend with your Mr. Cheers and cheers.

~*~Patty S said...

Hope you are still celebrating wonderful you sweet Cat ♥

This Arctic Blast has really settled in...we hardly ever have snow on the ground for this long...seems we are having a "real" winter this season ;)

Enjoy ♥ Enjoy
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday dear Cat. Hope I'm not too late and you're all partied out.

It's amazing how different areas of the country to react to snow and cold. I saw yesterday that EVERY state had at least one area where temps were freezing or below freezing. It says something for this weather. And I understand there is still another wave coming. So, please stay warm and safe while you enjoy your 61st.