Monday, December 16, 2013

the sewing book series-sew somerset





I haven't actually
seen the article yet...
even though it hit the news stands
on Dec. 1


because my comp copy has not caught up with the
change in address...
and I am far from a 
Barnes and Noble...



Part 1 mixed media on bristol board 11 x 14




the work however made it back to
the studio in one piece...
and for that I am ever grateful...


I love this series...
there is something
satisfying about it for me
that I cannot quite put my finger on...
they will all end up in the shop
after the new year...


Sommaire, mixed media on bristol board  11 x 14 



the new issue below...






you may recognize the top two pieces
but the four below are all new pieces
that I created for the current issue...



Taille, mixed media on bristol board





the following pieces are mixed media on
Khadi paper..8 x 8


Figure 45





Sharps





Part of the Whole



I am just now finishing my next 
Sew Somerset project...
due in on Jan. 15

a hand stitched  book on feathers


I will be back on Friday..
with my annual
Buon Natale post..

and then I will be taking time off for the
holidays...

see you soon..

xo



16 comments:

Marilyn J. Rock said...

A wonderful series! xo

Manon Doyle said...

Very cool!!! Happy holidays, my friend!! xoxo

Valerianna said...

Looks wonderful.. and I love the sound of the feather book :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I can't wait to see it in print. This is a fabulous series and "sew" perfect for the collage explorations edition.

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Marilyn and Manon!

Val, feathers stitched in black outlines with collage on onion dyed papers, it is fun, but labor intensive... can't wait to finish and put my feet up, the book stack is calling my name!! It is winter after all!!

Hi E, you might see it before I do! I let them know, but still have not seen the copy.. the article was about a book that I got at a garage sale and our collective "issues" when it comes to sewing... !!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Gorgeous Cat. So you. My copy is on the way so I can savor it when it arrives. xox

Dorthe said...

Oh Caterina, I hope your copy will soon be with you, because it is such a fantastic feature. I bought my copy in UK and have studied ,read, and studied it over and over again.
I love you´r mix of old papers and fabric, and the little hand sewing, you does. Love the torn pages on the last ones you show here, with the mark, and on that white watercolour paper background.
So beautiful in it`s simplisity.
Hugs and a happy christmas, from Dorthe

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Corrine, enjoy it!! so many great artists in this issue!!

Hi Dorthe, so glad you liked the issue and got to see it! Thank you for the kind remarks dear one!! xoxo

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful series you created dear Cat ♥ and I bet it looks fabulous in SEW Somerset too!

Fa la laa
oxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Fa la laaa back to you Patty dear.. thanks... can't wait to see it! xoxox

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

The art of sewing! I love how you incorporated old needle papers and such...these are lovely!

Gaby Bee said...

This series is just gorgeous!
Merry Christmas to you and yours; may the New Year keep you safe, healthy, and creating more art so I can continually be inspired.

Hugs,
Gaby

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Mary Ann, it is a fun series.. Happy New Year to you!!

Hi Gaby, so happy that you like the series, and the same to you, Happiest of Holidays! xo

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Cat Congratulations on being published with this new series in all it's inventiveness and beautiful simplicity - each one looks fantastic!
Have a wonderful Christmas and a
New Year filled with much inspirational creativity for us all to see!
Hugs,
Suzy

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Suzy, so nice to have you pop by, I will be out to visit you too! Thanks for the kind remarks and Happy New Year to you as well!! xx

Linda Jo said...

This series looks wonderful! I will have to find a copy. I love Sew Somerset.... excited to see you in there!

Follow by Email