Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Les Jardin Des Amants and more Italian collage






dearhearts...
it all started innocently enough
with these
four collages...

The Jardin Collages...

as I was ripping up an old book on botany..
I had the idea of a garden of lovers...
meeting among the gardens filled with flowers...

and as I leafed through my French papers
I found an article on gardening in
an old newspaper...




Les Fleurs, 8 x 8 collage,  French Paper Series




Jardin 8 x 8  collage, French Paper Series



Rustica, 8 x 8 collage, French Paper Series



No. 31, collage, French Paper Series

and they were so beautifully photographed in
the Somerset Studio article...







Sept/Oct. 





after I created the
Jardin collages, I thought that the floral images
would be beautiful
layered in

Italian collage mounted on Khadi papers



Floating, 8 x 8 Italian Collage



Vintage Fleur,  8 x 8 Italian Collage



Mosaic Jardin, 8 x 8 Italian collage






and then of course I had to make
 minis






from top to bottom... Un Jardin, Petite Fleur, Rouge, Purple Butterfly 6 x 6 







so you can see why I had to split this post up to show
you all the pieces...

and if you missed the first part of my show
just scroll down to the last post...

alas... I won't be able to make this show

Oct. 25 and 26
in Fort Collins
at
the Nostalgia Antiques Sale
and
immediately following the show..

but I am hoping to do another show next year and attend..


as always, I so appreciate your kind readership...
and faithful support...

I will be back shortly with
October pages..
and some peeks of
my latest Sew project...



xo

19 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful beautiful work. I will be picking up that issue! Congrats!

~*~Patty S said...

ah so lovely to see so much of your creativity dear Cat!

the Somerset pages DO look really grand too...

oxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Yvonne, it was a lovely issue... and I thank Rice for the great article...

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Patty... it is fun to see it all together.. xoxo

Dorthe said...

Dear Caterina,-
you already know that I love the artickle in Sommerset Studio,
and all your "extras" are equal beautiful, my friend... I wish you all the luck and best of dayes with your show this coming weekend.
Fingers crossed and hugs,
Dorthe-xx

Chris Gray said...

I love the French ones even more than the Italian ones...

...but then, my heart IS in France!!

I have a stash of old French books...some very old indeed....and combine them with some lovely print screens to make my own collages.

I find the activity very relaxing...

...putting all those lovely little bits together...

Looks like you enjoy doing it all too.

x C

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Yes, it all begins so simply, this art making from the heart. One thought leads to another...this will be a beautiful show and I'm sorry you will miss it. Next year!

Marie Danti said...

Your publishing credits are much deserved, and your name looks great on the cover. Lovely, lovely work.

Margie said...

Cat, your work is stunning.
Much luck on the show.

Margie
xo

Becca said...

This is so beautiful Caterina! I LOVE seeing your work in those publications too!

Jo Murray said...

I am awestruck by these exquisite pieces. Beautiful work.

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you dear Dorthe!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hey Chris, I understand ... if you are a romantic at all your heart would be in France!! or Italy!! LOL! thanks for popping by!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Mary Ann... it does start out so innocently and before you now it, you have a whole collection!! Yes a show next year will be perfect...

Caterina Giglio said...

oh Marie, bless you! I love having my name on the cover!! it is just great fun!! thanks!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Margie, for your good wishes.. xo

Becca, thank you and thanks for stopping by!

Jo, that is quite a compliment, thank you so much!

Marilyn J. Rock said...

Stunning art and should be showcased!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Marilyn that is so kind of you..

Valerianna said...

Gardens and the French language seem perfect for each other... and have a wonderful opening and show!

Follow by Email