Monday, July 15, 2013

garden sketches









today is going to be a hot one here..
in the mitten state...
we will be sweating the whole week
from what I hear...
so I won't be outside...

but I did get a couple of sketches done
over the weekend... 


giglio translates to lily in Italian
and gigli is plural... 

lilies


Lilium Candidum




of all the flowers in my garden
I of course chose to sketch
the lilies...









they represent so much...

Gigli




hope, renewal, birth and also death..








the stylized version of the lily is the 
Fleur De Lys in French and translates to Italian as giglio..

for the sketches, I used Prismacolors and made simple line drawings and then enhanced them with walnut ink using a
brush..

just for fun... 

hope you are taking time to do things, 
just for fun too...


ciao, ciao!