Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

italian collage




it seems as though I am always on a deadline...

and a friend once gave me a card that said..
"I love deadlines... I love the whooshing sound they make when they
pass me by!"

never one to let a deadline go by...
I am
working in the studio currently on two deadlines...










and all I have to show you are some sneaky peeks of Italian Collage
below that are going to Somerset Studio







my new Jardin Series
which features antique French papers and old botanical prints  







I am painting some papers and using raw edges...
and you know how taken I am with rough edges...






old papers are just swoon worthy...
in my humble opinion..







if you are new to the Sweet Life..
Italian Collage is a term that I coined because 
I use a pasta machine to seamlessly adhere several layers of collage
it creates great depth with less bulk...




Italian collage on the right









below, several Italian collages waiting to be run thru the pasta machine...












I will take my camera with me when I go out to the garden today..
we are really behind here, my peonies are 
still small buds...

but I know I will find a few things to shoot...
we have a blue bird making a nest in our blue bird box 
and alas, I have not been able to get a good shot of the
sly girl...
but I will keep trying..
have a lovely week...

C4N!








17 comments:

Suzi Smith said...

very tantalising peeks ms ldv!!
"old papers are just swoon worthy...
in my humble opinion.."..... in mine too, i'm a bit obsessed at the moment x

Dorthe said...

Such beautiful little peeks, Caterina - and a wonderful idea with the pasta maschine, the waiting pieces looks gorgeous!
Hugs, Dorthe

Cat Kerr said...

Totally swoon worthy my friend!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

OOOOH, how marvelous....Deadlines, oh yes, I have 19 days until the bazaar, frantically creative buzz going on. xox

Kim Andersen said...

Ah yes a pasta machine - what a great idea! These are lovely

Gayle Price said...

Ooooh your "old" papers look so beautiful and the peeks at your pages are intriguing, can't wait to see them complete. No, I did not know "Italian Collage" had any thing to do with pasta !! What a great idea. Can I ask what adhesive you use for your collages ? xx

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Rough edges, botanical, french papers, bluebirds nesting in bird boxes...sounds like poetry to me!

sharon said...

I am always taken with your BEAUTIFUL rough edges, old papers, seamless edges and botanical papers! The sneak peeks let my imagination go crazy...hehe, I know the possibilities with you, oh my! Such gorgeousness!

~*~Patty S said...

Birds and Blooms and the wonder of green everywhere is so delightful

It really makes me smile that your collages go thru the pasta machine = BElla Bella!

My deadline is packing for our trip and don't you know so many other things are tempting me ... I think things I "must do" brings out my inner teenager and I just want to do something else...

I salute you for stepping up to your deadlines again and again...
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I so love your collages. I agree that old paper, brown with age, is the very best and most beautiful. I really MUST try the pasta machine to adhere my collages. Your tips are always the BEST.

And of course, I love your sneaky peeks.

Marie Danti said...

Lovely post whereby a pasta machine is a tool for lovliness....lasagna collage, layered and gorgeous!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Without deadlines..I would probably always be behind. I am making the new move...one step at a time but it is getting exciting! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Deb said...

I have a pasta machine that I've never used. love the idea if smooshing collages through it. have to admit, I'm the queen of random unstuck edges which I hate, so maybe pasta rollers are the answer.
Your work is lovely as usual. I so agree- old papers are beautiful and you know how to show them off.

Sandy said...

Love the delicious papers and layers on your new pieces, can't wait to see them in print. Lovely!

bluebirdslivinginthemeadow said...

cool! i did not know that about you and your lovely italian collages! don't know how i skipped that delightful bit of knowledge! your new work looks beautiful and i shall look forward to seeing in in print! if you sit quietly outside, your bluebirds will forget you are there and go about your business....i only know after years of doing this in our meadow ;-)

bluebirdslivinginthemeadow said...

their, i meant their business...geez why can't i type! ciao dear cat

ArtPropelled said...

Enjoying the sneak peeks. I'm partial to the rough edges too and very tickled about your use of the pasta machine. Have a lovely weekend. Fingers crossed for good gardening weather.