Follow by Email

Friday, May 24, 2013

a happy weekend





spring finally arrived in 
Michigan...
dear readers...
the blooms are pretty spectacular...
the lilacs are just now waning...



and our family is safe in Moore
it was a bit scary for a while...
but they are fine and all is well... Whew!






"what good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?"
John Steinbeck


but life in the forest is good...
although a little chilly this weekend, we are still
planning on sunshine...

and I am dividing my time between garden and studio...
as I do every year...

I am working on May pages and Italian collage and some
new pieces in my French Paper series..
I should have some WIPS to show you soon...







I wanted to wish you all a great weekend...
a safe and beautiful Memorial weekend


as always I am so grateful to your readership and your kind remarks,


I will be back next week...


C4N!



13 comments:

nancy neva gagliano said...

grazie! the perfect steinbeck quote....

love your joyfulness and creativity! in all areas of your life.... cascading colors in your rockscape more than lovely.
x0

ArtPropelled said...

Your garden is SO beautiful! I wish you all the sunshine you need to feel that Summer is on it's way.

Yvonne said...

Garden...Art...a wonderful balance.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

How pretty is that! Yard is looking gorgeous Cat...Glad your family members were safe. Have a wonderful holiday. xox

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Spectacular garden! I know you are only showing a corner but wow is it beautiful...enjoy your holiday and hopefully sunshine!

Dorthe said...

Dear Caterina,
Best of all this week is your family being safe!!
And your beautiful spot showed here, is amazing with the lilac pillows between the rocks , such beauty nature gives us!
I wish you happy hours creating all your beautiful art , and look forward seing it !
Hugs,Dorthe

Laura said...

so glad your loved ones are safe Cat. do you know there is a shadow heart in the bottom left boulder...

beautiful... wishing you abundant blessings!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Didn't you just start that garden last year? It is gorgeous and already starting to fill out nicely.

I had no idea you had family in Moore. That's sort of like what happened when I learned about the Joplin tornado. People kept calling or e-mailing and asking about some of my friends who still lived there. Thankfully, all your family members are OK and safe, as were my Joplin friends. I understand the scare when you have no idea what is happening and cell towers/phone lines are down.

Have a blessed and SAFE Memorial Day and weekend, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

BTW, I felt an eerie deja vu (a word you can use in your French papers [grin]) seeing the destruction in Moore. Looked very much like the Joplin tornado. I suspect all EF-5 tornadoes look similar, but this one hit a school with small children in it, which made it so much worse.

Seth said...

A beautiful weekend to you too. Those flowers and rocks are spectacular and definitely radiate the joy of spring. Glad to hear you family is okay!

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful softness of the pretty phlox and the great big rocks!
So glad your family is alright...it has been difficult to watch even the news footage...
Happy rest of this glorious spring weekend to you and yours dear Cat
oxo

Kim Andersen said...

Your sping color is just delicious :)
So glad your family is safe .... These storms are so frightening!

Caramella said...

Beautiful pictures!

I am now also following you on bloglovin

www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com