Friday, April 5, 2013

jane eyre series





details... details, details...
as I always say
art is always in the details...

since I have decided to stuff my shop
and treat it as a real store...
I decided to have larger pieces available as well...
and that gave me the liberty of doing

my Jane Eyre series again...







if you don't remember that piece then stop by my
and check out the piece 
by that title...







the title of this piece is 
Like The Night...










the paper is 22 x 30





most of the pages are from
a book titled...

The Poetical Works Of Lord Byron

dated 1890







this photo gives you the idea of scale
and it is going directly to the shop
but will be sold unframed... and without a mat...



and can you believe it..?
I have more to show you...



have a gorgeous weekend gentle readers...


xo




16 comments:

mansuetude said...

lovely rhythms going on here. i think ol Byron would love it! Better than a book of crit.

Happy Weekend to you, looks like its going to be a lovely one.

mansuetude said...

Thanks for not making me prove i am not a robot. ! :)

Dymphie said...

love your collage work, it's really outstanding!

~*~Patty S said...

Bring it on ... always enjoy seeing what you create dear Cat!

this large collage is more to Love!
oxo

Laura said...

absolutely wonderful Cat!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is a beauty and great size...it holds the space nicely. Building up your inventory...good sales ahead!

Debrina said...

Hi ya Cat. Lots of goodness going on over here. I'll pop on over to your shop now and have a good goggle.

ArtPropelled said...

You Lord Byron piece looks beautiful framed and up on the wall, Cat. Love the subtle stitching ... as always.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

The great poets...a heart memory... and your serene collages. I love that you are putting them up unmatted...easier to personalize in their homes. Have a glorious weekend. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

lynne h said...

oh! beautiful, cat! the subtle gradations of brown...

xoxo

Marilyn Rock said...

This is beautiful!

Marie Danti said...

Love the literary ephemera! Great composition and your photo showing scale is wonderful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's good to see you are stocking your shop again. I love the one with the hand written letter (in post below, and in your shop).

This piece is also incredible. Your scribbles and hand sewing always make me sit up and take notice. Gorgeous art, gorgeous handwriting.

sharon said...

It is a gorgeous symphony of quiet subtleness and soothing bliss.

Kelly M. said...

Love this series! Your collages are wonderfully crafted and thoughtful!

lynnsie said...

This is beautiful. I love your work. It inspires me. Thank you.