Friday, October 19, 2012

new "french paper" work






Ciao, bella...
I don't know about you, but this is always a busy time
for me in the studio...
which is a mess btw...
and I am itching to reorganize and clean things up...

but before I do, I have some jewelry to make
and some other things to take care of...
and one thing is to show you my recent boards
in the French Paper Series..




 La Loire
8x 10



all of these are on cradled boards...
with the exception of the last piece which is on canvas



 Chateau
6 x 6



I recently dropped them off  here in Brighton at the




 La Nota
4 x 4



I know that this collection is a bit different than my usual style...
more patterns and a lot more texture,
especially in the piece below,
I was trying to convey the movement of music...


 Les Joyaux du Piano
11 x 14





 Calling Card
6 x 6


for this collection I used Italian collage
and I experimented with glazes on antique papers
which turned out well I think...





Love Letter Waltz
24 x 30


I particularly liked the painted papers and the marks...
and I adore the cradled boards, 
thinking that I want to use more of them in the future...
for sure...

as always, thank you so much
for stopping by...
your comments are so appreciated...

ciao, ciao!


25 comments:

lynne h said...

good heaven's cat!! i love these! they really sing! 'love letter waltz' totally *totally* has my heart... xoxo

Terri Kahrs said...

Thank you for your warm wishes and welcome back to Blogland, Caterina!!! I've missed all of the creativity that's to be found and all of the camaraderie too. OMG! Your new pieces are STUNNING in their simplicity and elegance!!! I'm swooning with inspiration, Caterina!!! I'm sure they're going to fly out of the gallery and into new homes soon!!!! BEAUTIFUL work!!! Lots of hugs, Terri ♥

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh so beautiful - as is everything you create Caterina.
French inspired papers - so romantic!
I will have to google cradled boards... something new to discover
Merci mon ami
Shane ♥

~*~Patty S said...

You've been busy Lady!
Each piece is so lovely!
I cannot believe it is almost the end of October already!
Happy Weekend to you dear one
oxo

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

You've got such a beautiful touch Cat. Lovely to see your art again.

ArtPropelled said...

Lovely collages, Cat. La Loire has my heart.

Leslie said...

These are so beautiful, Cat. It's difficult to choose just one!

. said...

Hi Bella, I have to agree, it is hard to choose one favor. Love the first two and then the music one really is beautiful. Your antique glazing process is very successful!

sharon said...

Beyond stunning Cat! You have created mysterious magic! Love!

Suzi Smith said...

Love 'em to bits!!

Marilyn Rock said...

Oh so beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Calling Card and Chateau really shout out to me. What a fine collection. It's always such a pleasure to view your work, Cat.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Once again I find a calming effect when I view your collages.... I found some of my Greek remnants in a pile in my upstairs studio...maybe I should play....have a wonderful weekend! Peace, Mary Helen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a rush. If I didn't know they were yours, I would say these latest pieces were too bright to be yours. But I love them. Of course, I love bright colors and these pieces are fabulous. You are right. The glazes, the papers, the sewing. It all worked well together!!

Judy Martin said...

Me too. Your work is so intriguing and does sing and dance. The variety of languages in the text is beautiful.

winnsangels said...

Beautiful as always. Different yet so uniquely your own. I especially love the last piece but as always would be very difficult to truly choose a favourite.
Angel blessings my friend.

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Beautiful!

Meestal Turquoise said...

Hi Cat,

Beautiful work, as always

Seth said...

These are really wonderful Cat. They may be a bit of a departure for you...but I still feel you within!

Sophie Munns said...

Love the birds Cat.
You sound so busy and its great to see what going on i your studio. Have missed popping in here in a while! So many beautiful details in your work.... bellisimo!
xoxo

Margaret said...

Your colours and details are so beautiful Cat, I love to look at your work, so gentle and calming Mx

layers said...

I love your collages.. the balance between color and text and geometric and organic shapes are wonderful.

Marie Danti said...

Gorgeous work as always, I especially like Chateau.
I'm still spending lots of time in Boulder & hope to really dig in once the hard winter gets here. While there last week I saw your Somerset article at the Barnes and Noble bookstore. Your writing is excellent and they always do such a good job with the photos of your work. Congrats!

Valerie said...

Wonderful work - each one has its own mood, nuance and sparkle! Love your creative gift.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful work as always Cat! Especially love 'calling card'.