Monday, May 21, 2012

life is short





I have just returned from
Chicago
and although I went to attend an Inurnment
I found time to 
spend with my sister, Sue..








she took me to an adorable town
just a few miles away from her home...
which is filled with quaint shops and 
restaurants...







and we had a little time to catch up
and just enjoy each other....
so I thought my dear readers might like to go along...






it was a gorgeous, warm and sunny day...
with just a slight cool breeze...





and the gardens were lovely...
with waterfalls and annual beds...




we found a great place to eat and settled in
for a slow lunch...
which is of course my preferred way to eat...






a little pinot noir...






and the view from our table...





the sun overhead...







and everything in bloom...









no matter where you are, 
no matter what the reason, or occasion,
I hope you take a beauty break...


xo












17 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi Caterina. What a wonderful little trek I had. It was fun looking at what you saw and at the great wine sitting on the table. Yes, it is always nice to just enjoy life. Despite the inurnment, it's nice that you both found time to just relax. Thanks for sharing.

martinealison said...

Une très jolie publication remplie de soleil, de sérénité et de partage...
Gros bisous à vous.

ArtPropelled said...

Quaint shops and slow lunches ..... sounds divine! Thanks for taking us along.

Lisa said...

very picturesque Cat... despite the reason for your trip it looks like you enjoyed a weekend filled with beauty and serenity!

merci33 said...

a slow glass of wine, your sister and everything in bloom...what a wonderful way to honor the life of your loved one....by living well.

~*~Patty S said...

I do believe beauty breaks are an essential part of life each and every day :)
special that you got to spend time with your sis especially at this time...thank you for sharing the pretty pics Cat
oxo

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Pretty tour as always Cat. Glad you had a good catch up with our sister. xox

Cynthia Schelzig said...

yes, I agree,,,a beauty break...always good advice. Lovely beauty you show us here on your fotos too. Make your Tuesday a real beauty!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always enjoy your trips, because I feel like you took me along. I was thinking about you just yesterday when I picked up an old Sew Somerset and was once again drawn to one of your articles. You are ever present in my life, whether you know it or not!

Yvonne said...

Sounds wonderful...my kind of day! :)

mansuetude said...

Life IS short.
beautiful photos
(i have a trip similar to this late summer--
maybe margaritas instead of red after :)

xo

winnsangels said...

Thanks Cat, for bringing us along on your wonderful visit with your sister. So beautiful and peaceful.
Angel blessings.

*jean* said...

a beautiful, sunny day...happy t day, dear cat

Sharmon Davidson said...

Thanks for taking us along on your beautiful luncheon. It was perfect; so glad you got to spend it with your sister.

Margaret said...

Beautiful Cat, your photos are stunning! especially the sun umbrella, superb! Mx

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

oh Cat
These days with family are the most special of all - no matter where you go!
These beautiful surroundings were your icing on the cake.
Love your mix of image size too - you're an artist in all you do dear Cat!
xox
Shane

Tammy said...

I love Geneva. 2 years ago, I met a blogger friend there (Susan from A Circle of Buttons). We had lunch and visited the local yarn shop. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

Follow by Email