Thursday, May 3, 2012

april pages






April was a busy month.
a month of family ... 
a visit
and a death...
and travel continues next month 
so I do not expect May to be much different...






I will just start right out by apologizing for the light
which is moody here today...
and show you my April art journal pages

playing with unbleached muslin
and creating a tribute of sorts...
marking a relationship
with a woman 
who taught me 
a lot of 
wonderful 
things...







I have been writing a lot in the last months...
pencil first and then pen on top of pencil...




I love the layers...
the release of emotion... 
and the representation of the complexities of relationship...





our
lives are made of bits of papers; bills, checks, cards, sheet music,
recipes...  






the mundane pieces that we handle, stash, treasure and toss... 
I always think about the people that read the book, wrote the check, or played the music...






as I combine the papers in my Italian collage...





ingredients: pencil, pen, acrylic paint, walnut ink, Italian collage, transfer on muslin, thread, colored pencil.



grazie...
for stopping by
I am in such appreciation of your visits!




ciao, ciao...






21 comments:

deb lewis said...

Lovely... I like the idea of pencil writing then pen on top to somewhat obscure it. Also like the detail of the orange stitching ~ sending love - xo

audrey said...

So beautiful, Cat. I love your layering and use of materials.
♥ audrey

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Beautiful pages - love the layers and the little stitched piece is so lovely

Lisa Graham Art said...

I saw the thumbnail of this on Lynne Hoppe's blog and just wanted to stop by and have a closer look. This is so beautiful!

Greetings to you from Wichita, Kansas!

Valerianna said...

It seems the muslin pieces are guiiding your work to new places... it feels a bit different to me with dangling threads and stiched fabric - love it!

Yvonne said...

You put so much feeling into your pieces, and it shows. Wonderful!

mansuetude said...

lives are made of bits of papers- so beautiful

your work is flowing, lovely

yes, love is immortal. so are we

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw your post this morning as I was uploading mine. But unfortunately, I didn't stop to visit because my schedule has gotten SO hectic. I'm so sure you can relate. I'm sorry to read there was a death. My condolences. You did a excellent job with the pages, which look a bit like a tribute or possibly a release of your mourning. And the scraps of life are what mixed media should be all about. I love these two pages, because they are SO authentic.

~*~Patty S said...

I get such a peaceful feeling here today...life can be so bittersweet...hugs to you and yours dear one!
oxo

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love the stitching detail and the way you were able to use your pages to allow emotions out. This makes more than paper, they have a story and that story is real.

Jill Zaheer said...

So Poetic and touching Cat. Very beautiful, delicate and graceful. A wonderful moment to enjoy!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

The color of your pages and the beautiful muslin lend themselves to a magical feeling. Yes, we are bits of this and that and a whole lot of heart...thank you for sharing these pages.

ArtPropelled said...

Your pages remind me of ancient walls. Layers of history....

Nathalie Thompson said...

I am sorry for your loss. Your art is a beautiful tribute. The painting of the lady looks very classically Italian. Hmmm.

Marie said...

So beautiful, so personal, so you.

Sophie Munns said...

such a wonderful thing to do...to make tributes and work in honour of relationships that are important!
Best to you Cat through all changes!
S xo

winnsangels said...

The Italian collage, as always, intrigues me Cat. I love that you are writing and that you share the words with us in ways you are able. Your style is so special.
I wanted to let you know also that I have put a link to your blog in my most recent post.
Angels be with you.

merci33 said...

Very lovely media blending...

there's a perpetual feel for me of the Muse when I visit your work...as though she sits beside you as you work and whispers softly into your ear.

layers said...

Such is life.. death, comings, goings, relationships.. happiness, sadness... art grounds us and keeps us going.

Lori Saul said...

Your art journal pages are not only beautiful but they are soul stories; rich in symbol and beauty. Always a joy to visit you Caterina!

EdenClare said...

oh my goodnesss...
this art journal entry
is just lovely...
so very lovely...
but then i adore your
spirit...happy happy
saturday!

Follow by Email