Tuesday, April 17, 2012

more wips



so...
since I have no finished work to be seen yet...
although I am working on it...
as well as April page...

I have some more works in progress
for you
these are the Italian collages that I am creating for 
the new collection...






that I will be showing at EsScentuals
these mixed media paintings
will have painted and printed papers 
(that I showed you in the last post)
as well as Italian collage
so all the wips that I am showing you are
going to be incorporated in the works...







as I mentioned, the new pieces are part of my 
French paper series, so I am using antique french letters checks, envelopes, book pages
and school lessons... 
I adore the foxed pages and the subtle orange color
that peeks through...







fabrics lie flat and edges disappear..
below a book shred waiting to be adhered...






isn't it amazing how the most ubiquitous of papers
can look so interesting?







as soon as I finish these pieces I will begin to 
assemble them and then paint and sand them... 






I will keep my camera close ...  to show you the next step...
thanks for stopping by...
I so appreciate your kind remarks, gentle readers...
off to the studio...


ciao!




18 comments:

NuminosityBeads said...

The old papers and text are magical to work with and you breathe life into them again, Cat.
xoxo Kim

Yvonne said...

Collage is so interesting. You sand the piece? I love hearing about your process, you are so talented.

deb lewis said...

These little snippets are beautiful even before they are incorporated into your final piece! How I love old paper ((sigh)). Sending love....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I truly enjoy my visit to your studio and a view of the process. Not sure I understand what you are doing right now (in this post), but I look forward to the next step so maybe I'll understand what is going on. Have a super fruitful week.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Like roman walls....xox

Fleur de Boheme said...

Love the faded beauty of paper, especially with the doily ;-) Can´t wait to see the next pictures! xxx Kirsten

~*~Patty S said...

old papers and snippets of fabric do hold magic and mystery especially in your artful hands dear Cat
Lovely!
oxo

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Beautiful work - I love the texture in these

Judy Martin said...

There is a mystery indeed. Old antique paper, from someone else's hands to yours, a language that is romantic and exotic to many -
Your composition sense is what makes the magic however.
xx

mansuetude said...

nice isn't it that a torn or folded edge of paper
can be such a door to an inner intimacy or joy.

the way you write about it too!

Zom said...

So evocative. I like seeing works in progress, thanks.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Oh, good! Please don't forget to take those pics- I want to see every step along the way, especially the painting part! (I'm really an art voyeur, you know...)

Sophie Munns said...

Gorgeous papers Cat. Lovely to see the works evolving.
Hope you are having a lovely spring over there...
S xo

layers said...

I love your bits of mail art in your collages.. minimal and subdued = lovely

Gail P said...

peaceful and lovely, as usual. hugs.

Steph said...

old envelopes and papers inspire me and I am so looking forward to see the end result of these....Have an artful week....

audrey said...

Lovely, Cat. The show is going to be beautiful with your mixed media and paper works of art. Anything French stirs romantic feelings and makes me think of days gone by. I love seeing your WIPS and your finished works. Looking forward to seeing some of these completed.
♥ audrey

CATHY said...

Hi Caterina,

Just a quick note to tell you how gorgeous your bird quilts were in the winter SS sew magazine. Then I wandered into your blog to find more stunning collages. I love love love your style! I have bookmarked your blog and will be back to visit! Cheers.

Follow by Email