Tuesday, April 24, 2012

last wips





ciao, dear readers...
it has been very windy here...
perfect studio days...

so here are the last of my work in progress posts...
I must say that keeping a camera nearby
disrupts the creative process quite a bit..

this will be a large show...
I will have several boards, a large canvas some framed works on paper and some unframed pieces on khadi papers..

below, I used black gessoed the on the boards and the canvas 





you can see the piece that was published in Pasticcio Panoply above,
which I am including in the show and it is part of my inspiration..


I placed two painted pages together and left a black border





I painted the paper and used pencil to define the edges and then painted a crackle paint over the black gesso
to create texture 
and I sanded the painted papers to create more texture and layers




below you can see the crackle paint is repainted and the Italian collage has been positioned to the center
of the piece where it will be adhered and the small fabric stitching will be placed on top...







this piece, The Daisy... titled after the Andersen fairy tale
is about death and the end of a relationship
you can see where I am going with it
and I will show it to you once it is finished..


I am going to take a little blog break...
taking some time to see family..

hope your weather inside and out is calm and peaceful 
wherever you are...

C4N!