Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Trip Inspiration Part 1






You know me..
 gentle reader..
a glutton for beauty..
and I found it on our adventure ...



at the home of our friends
Kirsten and Bjarne
in Arhus..
Denmark





 I so admire a fine garden
 and they have a gorgeous
piece of property 
with a 100 year old farmhouse 
and all the animals you can imagine..
chickens, horses, ducks, rescue dogs, and a sweet rescue kitty..






Kirsten and I have been social media friends for many years and 
so it was lovely to finally meet her in person..





Autumn was a great time to visit..
the garden is just shutting down, but still dripping with color..
and fragrance..







Bjarne got us tickets to Aros, and we immersed ourselves in art
and the Rainbow Experience..
which is incredible and allows you to view the the cityscape
through a rainbow lens ...





Don contemplating the Rainbow Experience in Arhus.




We looked forward to London..
in spite of the rain..
well it ALWAYS rains in London..
and seriously
nothing would get done there if people let that stop them..

We stayed at an Airbnb with a view 
of Battersea Park 
and rain or shine the park was busy with runners,
and soccer players.. and people walking dogs ...







So out we went into the pouring rain..
Oyster card in hand and braved the weather to hop 
over to 





and I know I took you there last year...






but try to suffer through the awesomeness ..
ok?






and what did I buy?
Paper of course... 
Khadi, scrap paper, envelopes and book clips
and a 
New Bone Folder..
yippee..
and a few presents that I cannot share...

and 
cards for a little granddaughter 
who is not on 
social media..


Large Khadi rounds, scraps, envelopes, black wing erasers, and book clips..


and she certainly doesn't read blogs!!


so my dear ones, 
stay tuned and I will have part two of this post
for all of you not on social media..
and my visit to
L. Cornelissens

Which is a magical shop
for Artists...


Ciao, ciao!